leaves for butter

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by greennewb, Aug 6, 2011.

1. is it possible to use all plant leaves at any time throughout the plants life for cannabutter? or is it only during flowering? only certain leaves?

2. meh not alot of THC in em, i've made a couple batches of qwiso with a bunch of trim, wasn't very potent....

3. Well considering you can make hash from leaf then yeh i think it is, but your posting in the wrong section post this in incredible edibles.

4. better when the plant is flowering (Y)

5. sorry. could mod move it please?

6. hey, nice question... and i may be able to help you find your answer.

Fan leaves do have THC (trichomes), and with enough leaves you can make some killer butter. you can use leaves that you have trimmed throughout the grow, the reason is the trichomes mature faster than the buds trichomes. becasue the fan leaves are older than the new buds.

however perhaps the most important step you need to follow is releasing the CBN's and CBA's by preheating or roasting your trim before boiling with butter.... set your oven at 325 degrees spread your trim out on a baking sheet, and place in the oven for 6-8 minutes. the trim will turn brown in spots which is okay... just dont let burn. by the smell you should be able to tell when it is ready... trust me.
    now when you eat the butter you will get a stone that feels more like smoking weed rather than just a head high.

7. thanks for this. greatly appreciated.