Leaves curling up

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mirabilis, Sep 14, 2008.

1. I had a feeling my ph meter was not correct so to be safe I used filtered water to germinate my 20 top44 seeds. If its correct the filtered water has a ph of 8. I had a 100% germination and all 20 sprouted. Around day 4, i found one them collapsed and was unable to recover it. The same day the leaves were curling skyward. They are all green and looking pretty healthy. Im using a blue 100w light in this early stage and have a 600w hps to switch to. Also the roots are out a couple inches. When should I transplant them and put them under the hps? Thanks

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/warshingtonyank/plants001-1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/warshingtonyank/plants.jpg

2. #2 bluntme, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
    im pritty sure your lights are prob to far away making your plants stretch, witch is prob why that one collapsed and why your leaves are pointing up. i feel that they should have atleast 1 more set of leaves at that height so maybe your light now isnt suficient... im not to sure tho im not that experienced and i dont grow indoor

3. well, its only 12 inches away but it is a low wattage lamp so you could be right. I think Im going to put them under the 600w now about 4ft away and transplant them in about 1 week.

4. post up a question about your lights in the indoor growing thread, you will get a lot more views from people who could help. add pics of how far away the light is.

5. lights are way to far away. seeing as all ur plants are streached out id move the lights about 4/5 inches away from the plant personally but thats how i would try and fix it.

6. Exactly what kind of lamp are you using????? The plants are extremely stretched out, and that is going to be a possibly life threatening issue if not dealt with soon.:eek:

What you can do to keep them healthy though is Keep them all supported standing straight up and keep a constant breeze over the stems. Im not sure how close to keep hps/mh type lights but if you using any type of floro you can put them within inches.

Good luck

7. I just transplanted them and made sure the lowest leaves were only 1 inch from the top soil and put them under the 600w hps. Ill let you all know how they're doing friday. Thanks again!

8. I did this with one of mine. Here is a picture of what it looks like at 32 days later.

[​IMG] [​IMG]