Leaves curling under/cupping and dying on the tips!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MaxVideoProd, Dec 19, 2010.

1. I dont know what is wrong with the leaves, as you can see hopefully, the newest leaves look the best, but they still look like they're on their way to looking just like the old ones. about month and a week old. the leaves don't get very big, then they just curl under and fold up into like little cups

for some of the leaves, I don't even know HOW to describe what they look like.. there is one picture that shows a leave where it's wide at the beginning then really skinny at the tip and some of the edges are curling up.

what could be wrong with this i couldn't figure out by search the internet because i didnt really know how to describe the problems.. -_-
    thankyou in advance to whomever helps:)

Attached Files:

2. Classic sign of N toxicity.

You are overnuting.

Just plain water for a week or 2 and then just 1/2 of what you were feeding and twice as long between feedings.

Wet

3. def...i agree leach your medium and to every one feed of nutes do 5 feed w/ ro water..

4. The weird thing is, I've never fed it ANY nutes lol well i think it's because i changed soils from when she was a baby to now, maybe that's why

5. what is ro water?

6. reverse osmosis, or distilled. but im kinda having a little of this myself. thanks for throwing up the post as my next course of action is a good flushing!!!

7. so the water i would get at those 25 cent per gallon refill station machine things would be god to use?

8. thats the stuff. use it always. never give your plants tap unless you live in tahoe or somewhere with very good water quality

9. oh alright thanks man good to know that!! haha nad can someone explain to me flushing? just water a lot? next time I water? and I wanted to add some eggshells in to the soil for calcium and phosphorus or something if my research was correct how would i add eggshells to the soil?

10. flushing is a pretty simple task. take your plants to the bathtub (to drain the water, dont water plants with water from tub). run 3 times as much water through your plant as you have soil. so if you have 1 gal of soil, flush with 3 gal of water. then feed after or adjust ph as needed. use the water you get for ¢25.

as for adding eggshells for calcium and shit, i would say just go get yourself some nutes. is there a reason you are targeting calcium and phospherous?

11. Well, i looked at plant symptom things and somehow decided that phosphorus would help and i really don't have any money to buy nutes.

I don't have aph testing kit or aynthing obviously, but would it be possible to no if i should ph up or down just by looking at symptoms because I'm pretty sure it's having various lockout problems and stuff..

12. i would flush for a few days as thats def overwater/overfeeding. maybe use a salt remover like clearex or drip clean as well.

13. ...what kind of soil did you transplant into? Name brand.

14. i feel ya on being broke man, ive been laid off since june. thats pretty much why i started growing in the first place. im sick of spending 60 bucks every 2 days. so being broke and laid off ive had time to find great deals on nutes and such. technaflora makes a starter kit with mini bottles of everything and cloning gel that will last a grow or two depending on the strength you give, and its only $40. it really is a steal and a great kit, im using it myself. also, general hydroponics makes a ph test kit in which you take some of your runoff, mix it with 3-5 drops of solution, and presto, ph reading. its not super accurate, but for being only $10, its good enough.vbut for now, i would def flush a bit. your prob sounds like mine, but mine has led to cal/mag lockout that is destroying my lower fan leaves.