leaves curling downward

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by skiweeds, May 7, 2010.

1. i have a slight problem with about 3 or 4 of my plants. a few of the fan leaves are curling. its like on each big narrow leaflet the sides are curling downward. i will try and post pics today after i get to my house in the city. the strand is LA Confidential. indoor grow tent. im using a 400 watt MH 24 hrs lighting. fox farm ocean forest soil and nutes. plants are about a month old. i've been adding 2 tsps big bloom and 2 tsps grow big per gallon of water, every other watering. although since i noticed the leaves, i cut all nutes. i've been using city tap water which has flouride so could this have made my ph too high? i also suspect a possibility of overwatering. i wait until the top layer of the soil is dry, but by the roots it is still moist. the next time i water im going to wait until the leaves are drooping from underwatering just so i know im not overdoing it. i know your not supposed to use tap with flouride, but this is only until i get more RO water. but can the flouride really effect plants this much? i've used it on other house plants with no problems and a couple friends use it cause they're too lazy/cheap to get good water, and they havent had the problem. i also slightly raised the light fixture incase it was getting too hot but dont leaves normally twist when too hot? i dont have a ph meter and i know it's a must and will get one soon, along with RO water. i know i kind of have a lot of variables but anyone got any suggestions? this is only on a few leaves of a few plants. otherwise they look fucking great. i just want to neutralize any minor problem and strive for near perfection.

another quick question, can you overdo the fox farm big bloom? it's npk is real low and it says it helps prevent nute lock. i always try to use a bit less of any nute(thats why i do 2 tsp not 3) cause i'd rather not enough than too much. would it be safe to use with every watering instead of every other watering?

2. Files here is a pic of the curled leaves

3. BUMP

i starting to think its a ph problem rather than overwatering. i should have a meter sometime today or tomorrow.