Leaves curling down, beginning to yellow(pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by random.blurg, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Soil is MG Organic potting mix, lights are 4 24w cfl's, temps in the low 80's, soil runoff comes to around 6.5. Water every couple of days when soil has dried out.

The pics show the leaf that has developed a yellow spot on the edge, as well as the leaves curling down. Also, the leaves all seem to be a pale green.(i know the pics aren't great, i couldn't get the cam focused enough. the yellow spot is on the left edge near the tip)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. I have the exact same problem going on! Same setup exactly too - except i have a peatmoss, vermiculite and perlite grow medium. I'm beginning to think the temps are affecting my seedlings.

3. hm, well i hope we both get this worked out! i decided to change the soil. mg organic hasn't done me any good! i've thrown some bagseed in regular mg potting mix before and they took off, so i got the reg. mix and perlite as well as the all purpose plant food. i'll try that out and see if it helps. i think it may also be a ph problem? maybe the ph is off and locking out nutes.

4. dont over water your plant and check your PH levels

5. doesnt look that bad man
    how old is the baby? when u first saw those problems?
    could be a PH - check it

i had a bit similar looking plants in hydro too
    that could be a specific plants weakness
    not coused by environment or other shit

just wait a bit and see whats up
    good luck

6. yeah the boy is right

7. #7 Smilintime, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
    I've got a PH of 6.5-7. Maybe I'll just let the soil dry out a bit. Give them a couple of extra days without watering to develop their roots a bit. See what happens. Just gonna give them some time to grow up a bit. Screwdababylon is right, some grow time should show whether they've got serious problems or whether its nothing to worry about.

8. 6.5 is good for soil. are you giving it nutrients or is your light to close? what type of light is it?

9. she's 8 days old today. the ph of the water was high, but the low ph of the soil balanced it out. i transplanted all the plants to a better soil with perlite today so we'll see if that helps. i'll have to get some ph strips though, the runoff water is murky now so the test kit i have doesn't do shit. pool supply store would have those, yes?

and i'm only watering every couple of days once the soil dries up.

hope this isn't too confusing since two of us are having the same problem and getting answers in the same thread.

10. Haha, yeah sorry man, I'll butt out :) and just keep an eye on the replies to your Q's as they are mine too! I'll keep ya updated on how mine go, and whether I see an improvement...

Good luck man!

11. nah man, wasn't trying to kick you out. just letting anyone who was going to reply know to check who they were answering! feel more than free to ask any question that i don't ask!

12. Will do man :) thanks!

13. What are you growing in by the way? Is this a closet grow?

14. How are the plants looking man? Any better?

15. #16 random.blurg, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2008
    a lot better. problem was overwatering and the mg soil was way too hot for the seedlings. changed the soil to an organic mix and watched my watering. problem got a lot worse before it got better. one of the plants got burned real bad before i fixed the problem. but new growth is a lot greener and looking better. burn on the bad plant ceased, and hopefully it'll get better.

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/274807-first-grow-bubblicious-grow-cab-2.html

newest pics at the bottom of the page if you're interested. as soon as i upload pics i delete them off the cam and comp so it'd take more time to put them on here than it is to post a link.

16. Good to hear man! I'll be following your progress in your other thread!

Take it easy ;)