Leaves Changing Colors...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bLuNt HEADED, Apr 7, 2005.

1. there is like one plant in each of my garbage cans that has a leaf turning yellow and brown at the tips... i got pictures.. I'm growing clones in a garbage can filled with two bags of FoxFarm soil.. I water them once a day with a half of bucket of atleast 24 hour old sitting, tap water ( so the chlorine shit evaporates outta it ).. They are about 3 weeks to a month old.. Um, i'm not using any fert... When i first go the clones from the club some of the bigger leaves were trimmed already, for balancing reasons ( i think ).. As you can see in the pics some of the ends are changing and some aren't.. Answers anyone??

i'll have pics once my computer quits being gay..

2. Lower leaves or upper leaves, those pics would sure help. How much water are you giving them? , you said half bucket but how big is your bucket,1 gal , 2gal 3 gal?

3. i'm pretty sure they're like 1 gallon buckets.. i'mma upload them somewhere else then post the pictures.

Attached Files:

4. im guessing its from pre-fertilized soil..

if so, then transplant unto non ferted soil.

and please, transplant them into their own contianers :wave:

5. Man something doesnt seem right to me that a clone would be that small after a month. You need to start out small and work up as they grow. With those big trash cans its like putting a baby in a big city when he should be in a crib. Put them, individually, in smaller pots and dont water them for a while. Your prob killin your roots by watering everyday. Your description of leaves signifies that to me. Let the plant tell you when to water. Im pretty new to the game and thats one mistake i made was over watering. anyhow, hope this helps, late

6. Stick your finger in the soil as far as you can, is it dry or is it wet? Root would have a long way to go for drink once the water settled to the bottom of the can.

7. also u might want to check the PH level it should be netural (7) if its not then get "ph up" or "ph down" in a garden store

8. Your right
    too much water in pots that are way to bit for the plants will give you root rot that is hard to get rid of.

If i had a cam id show you right now what plants look like with root rot i have 6 growing right now,the buds are nice but the plant is short and the leaves have rot on them even after i put them in smaller pots....too bad they are bubble gum but they still smell nice..hope yours is bagweed?
    They stay short because the pot you have them in are to big and stay wet for a long time,you need to transplant right now to help fix the prob!

9. how do i check the pH of the soil or whatever?!

my boy's dad ( grows some fucking MURDER ) told me just to snip the brown off the leaves, which i did... and nothing has came back.. leaves are looking spunky and i have let off the watering a little bit.... and NO the water doesn't settle to the bottom cause i got holes in it, so it just drains off...