Learning to grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Munchyyy, Jan 31, 2013.

1. I don't really now where to post this, I figure this is the right section though.

I recently got my medical marijuana card, and I would like to grow myself, because dispensary prices are crazy and this will give me something to do. However, I don't want to grow inside my house because I don't want it to stink, only place I would be able to do it in my house is my basement, but i figure that's just asking for mold. Also, outdoors is out of the question since Michigans weather is unpredictable.

I have a shed, which I think would be perfect for this. It's completely empty, it has electricity but doesn't have head. It's kinda insulated, so my question to you guys is would this work? I know the plants need heat, but would a space heater work for it? The shed isn't big, it's about the size of a small bedroom.

Also, what would I need to start growing? I don't want to spend too much money, most of the stuff looks like you can make it yourself. Does

bigbudsmag.com/grow/how/article/build-your-own-hydroponic-system-less-100-december-2012

look like it would work? I only plan on growing a few plants. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

2. Just found a lot of my questions in a stickie!

3. Have you started your grow yet?

Sent from the Green Green Garden of Eden

4. I dont know about michigan, but Im pretty sure that this is not the case.

firstly there are many regular photoperiod strains that finish flowering towards the end of september, I imagine the weather might be ok until then, since here in northern germany it is and I live further north and like 50km from the sea. well, we dont have hurricanes in europe, so what do I know...
    if you really dont think plants could make it until the end of september where you live, there are still autoflowering strains. with those the harvest time is determined by the time you germinate them - about 2 1/2-3 months later they will be ready. you gotta choose wisely though, there are tons of shitty autoflowering strains, but some good ones have been released in recent years.
    if you have the space in a garden, you could also build a little greenhouse, if you build it sturdy enough to withstand the wind that solves the weather problem and you can absolutely grow photoperiod strains.

generally outdoor/greenhouse growing is less troublesome than indoor cuz you dont need to worry about light and ventilation, and space is also less of an issue, so you can grow more with less work and less money. besides growing plants with light from electricity from heat from burning stuff is a ludicrously wasteful concept. you might want to be more concerned about not having your weed stolen though.

5. You can grow outdoors in MI I harvest into oct and have had some still going nov1 but that is not the norm late sept mid oct is normal for here of course a pure sativa may run out of time. I know this from 30 years of growing here.

mj:smoking: