Learning all over

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by scootb73, Jan 11, 2019.

1. #1 scootb73, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    I used to grow with some pretty good results but stopped in 2012 as I was moving to Canada and my new employer done piss tests,so I had to give it up.
    Anyway I decided to get back into one of my favourite hobbies.
    I’ve gone with coco,maxibloom,400w MH for veg,11ltr fabric pots,cooltube,and a 4x4x7 tent.
    I picked the following strains for this grow:
    Blue Widow-I’ve grown this before and loved the taste,it is a favourite of mine.

Ice Kush-I’ve grown this before also and really enjoyed the taste.

Northern Lights-I’ve never grown this before but used to enjoy its taste and hit.

Shark infested custard-Never even heard of this one but I got 6 free with my order so why not try it?
    All seeds are feminized to avoid disappointment.

I did have an issue with high PH until I ordered a PH pen,when I used to grow back home tap water was a PH of 6,here it’s 7.5.

My 4 plants have been in veg for almost 6 weeks now,I’m putting the slow growth down to my earlier PH issue.

[​IMG]
    Shark infested custard,tied her down today so the widow and NL can catch up.
    [​IMG]
    Northern Lights,she just doesn’t want to grow up currently 6” tall[​IMG]
    The nodes are nice and tight,just lacking height.

[​IMG]
    Blue widow again tight nodes but this pheno is way smaller than I remember.

[​IMG]
    Ice Kush,I tied this down almost a week ago as it’s growing well.
    [​IMG]
    Tight nodes also on the ice kush.

[​IMG]
    More ice kush nodes.

I plan to keep vegging with the 400w MH,then flowering with the 600w HPS,if I can get away with the heat I will also use the 400w HPS for final 3-4 weeks.

I got a bit carried away and topped after 3rd node instead of waiting till the 5th node,Ive also been supercropping and fimming more than likely a wee bit more than I should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey welcome to GC scootb73,
    you should get Hunter2348 in here... totally wedding cake lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. You can raise the light a bit and get a little more stretching on the plants.
    They look nice

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks bud,I’m planning on raising the light a few inches tonight to try get some more upward growth going.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Some of us bake our water in jugs outside for a day or 2 before using.
    Welcome to the Citay

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. I usually try let mine sit a couple of days as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ok cool

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

8. I switched out the 400w MH bulb today for a 400w HPS hoping this will help encourage some upward growth,I've also moved the reflector up a lot higher.
    I have changed my lighting from 24/0 to 20/4 as well hoping that this will also help encourage a little bit of stretch.
    The plants have grown 1/2" and bushed out even more in the past few days lol.

Feeding at 500ppmm just now which seems to be fine,plant leaves are praying to the light.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Looking good so far, height will come soon enough lol. Nice grow though, good luck!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks bud.
    I used to keep a paper diary for everything I ever grew from seed to final dry weight,but when I moved country I gave it away to a friend,I wish I had brought it with me now lol.
    In the past 6 years I have forgotten so much,I do know that I topped too soon with these girls I might just flower them next week and do my next run with a bit more patience haha.

• Like Like x 2
  11. [​IMG]
    Ice Kush

[​IMG]
    Shark infested custard

[​IMG]
    Northern lights

[​IMG]
    Blue widow

Not much change in the girls other than being bushier lol,I’ve been crushing stems on the ice kush and the shark infested custard to stop them taking off while the Northern lights and Blue widow try catch up in height.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I noticed roots at the bottom of the fabric pots so I potted up into 5 gallon fabric pots today,huge root mass holding all the coco together.
    I’ll give them another few days to recover then I’m going 12/12.
    Not sure if I’m gonna flower with my 600w HPS or invest in a 630w CMH setup yet.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The girls seem to have enjoyed the transplant into larger pots.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Still short but bushy as hell lol,the ice kush and shark infested custard are recovering well from some fimming too.

• Like Like x 4
  14. I fitted a 6” fan,ducting,and filter last night.
    Stupidly I rushed to get it done and didn’t sound proof the fan which isn’t too bad unless you have 2 daughters sharing the bedroom right above the grow room lol.
    Gonna fit the fan into a cardboard box lined with insulation to muffle the fan noise.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. [​IMG]
    Blue widow

[​IMG]
    Northern lights

[​IMG]
    Ice kush

[​IMG]
    Shark infested custard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to get some pics of the node spacing on the blue widow and NL,6 days since flip.
    I’ve decided to flower with the 600w HPS for this run.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 2 1/2 weeks since flipping to 12/12 and the girls are budding and looking good.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. So how did they turn out?

18. The Northern lights hermied on me,not sure if lights out temps were a little on the low side,or light coming in the window penetrating the tent just enough to affect it,or maybe I stressed them out too much during veg,it did make the most potent hash that I've ever smoked though.
    My Blue widow has some seeds and isn't fattening out so I'm gonna salvage what I can from her and turn the rest into hash.
    The Ice Kush and Shark Infested Custard are fattening up pretty well,I have spotted the odd seed though.
    Next grow I'm gonna go back to polypots instead of the fabric pots,and not top them so much,I had too much time on my hands with this grow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sucks about the NL. Light leaks can cause a lot of cultivars to herm. Learned that the hard way myself! Haa! I have 4x CHM 315's in my 5'x5' tent and I love them! You will definitely like CMH better than HPS. Cooler, brighter and the 3k-r bulbs make plants happy!
    DSCN8231.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  20. Use the 600 HPS, or if you want to invest in new lighting, the QB's are awsome. Never thought this ole' monkey would say that, but my HID stuff is setting on the shelf and will stay there too.
    If you want a link to where I bought mine for half price, I'll send it to you.
    Check my grow using these new QB lights.
    480 watt Quantum Boards, Barney Farms LSD clones, vs HPS

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1