Leafs have white spots like mold on them, Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Scooterpilot, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Hi All,

I've attached pics as they are worth a thousand words. I think it may be mold. This area where the grow in occurring is a very dry environment, which would leave me to believe it not's mold; however, this is my first grown so I'm open to anything.. Plant get water only when top soil is dry, nutrients once a week and only 1/2 much as nutrients as directed on the bottle.

Regards,

Attached Files:

2. Nah man with how dry it is in there it cant be mold, especially with that RH level. Thats just trichomes AKA: THC

3. That is definitely mold...don't know what the last guy was talking about. I've seen the same problem before and it is NOT THC crystals. Put some fans in there and try to get the humidity down. If it gets into your buds, grow over.

4. Looks like powdery mildew to me. Sorry, like threepin said, " Put some fans in there and try to get the humidity down." !!

5. I've searched around online a little bit, and a sulfur burner or SM-90 seem to be the answer I've heard from other growers. I'll keep checking, but do a search here and in google for powder mold and see what comes up. It seems like it is very hard to get rid of.

6. Huge fan installed. I'm at week 10 for this plant and it's still about 2 weeks away from maturity.

Tonight, I removed every leaf that had anything resembling mold or mildew. Fingers became very sticky :D. I wasn't going to take any chances. Better to be conservation and remove a little more than needed. Needless to say, the branches are more bare; however, most of the buds have been saved. The next few days will reveal how the plant reacts to the extreme grooming.

I really didn't want to trim as much as I did but, better that, then losing the end product.

7. Well, there are all these ITS SUPER BAD FOR YOU, YOU DIE. People on here, but they just say that. Here are 2 better options to put that "throw it in the trash" weed, to good use.

1.) After its cured and dried, once a mold has started to grow on it, put it in the freezer. 1-2 weeks, depending on the severity of the mold. Will clear everything up nicely.

2.) Lighting it on fire incinerates spores... so the spores are all burned, in essence killing them.

But hey, whats a few extra "dangerous" cells, marijuana only has like what? 800+ carcinogenic cells forming the Structure of what the plant is.

Good call.

8. i have this problem also. what did you end up doing?? did you save the harvest??