Leaf Yellowing and Wilting?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GroTrees, May 18, 2006.

1. I recently nute burned my plant due to time release ferts in the soil, im not going to transplant it, but i flushed about 2-3 gallons of water through the soil and im jus hoping for a recovery, but i was wondering is the yellowing and general dieing of the leaves irreversible or will they eventually heal into nice green leaves again, and also i cut off some leaves that were doing the plant mroe harm then good, will new leaves grow there and are there any cutting techniquers to promote this? thanks again . . .

2. Let me put it to you this way, if you don't transplant out of that soil you will NOT be growing any trees. They will be more like anemic little twigs that struggle most of the time. Get them out and you might at least have a chance. As for the damaged leaves those will never heal back to green. Since you are a trimmer, you could probably just get rid of the necrotic leaves.

There are many cutting techniques available to you ONCE you have tackled and gotten past the over-fert problem. Those are FIMing, topping, pruning, pinching, tipping etc. I am NOT the guy to talk to about those but, there are many people on here who know about them and many threads you can search for to find out. Good luck.

3. if the soil has TIME RELEASE stuff in it, then you can't flush that out. Change your soil. Listen to Vtec, he knows his shit.

4. Up4 knows his shit too. Between the two of us we have about 15 years worth of growing experience. Growtrees, please get them outta there man. We would not lead you wrong.

5. you guys are right and also wrong, first off buddys probly got 2-3 week old plants not even ready for fertilizers, the only bad thing about time release is that marijuana needs higher phosphorus in flower and they usually provide fert high in Nitrogen for veg.

my technique is to grow in pots until about 3-4 weeks then transplant with 1/4 time release fert soil and 3/4 regular potting soil. This way fert feedings will last short term instead of long term. my largest most lazy grow was this way and i got huge buds!