Leaf tips twisting ? Pics included

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tk86high, Mar 11, 2013.

1. So this girl is 1 month into veggie she's been a slow grower and had some yellow leaf tip issues right after the yellow tip issue then started the twisted leaf issue .
    What the hell is wrong here ?

image-1412830854.jpg

image-2219261197.jpg

2. Soil? Hydro? What nutes, how much, how often. Temps?

3. Soil, 7-4-6 once a week since 2 weeks old , 24-26C mid to high 70F's.
    Water 2 times a week or when pot is light . The only thing differently I've done is adjust the fans to where it was hitting the top of the plant for the last day or 2 . Could the wind from the fan be causing it ?
    I went ahead and readjusted anyhow just to see .

4. Your ph is way out of line. If you're growing in soil, you need a ph in the range of 6.5-6.8. PH issues almost always produce leaves like what you see in those pictures. The slow growth is caused by that too, certain nutrients get locked out at different ph levels, so it might look like there is a deficiency when in reality it just can't use the food.

5. Incorrect with this plant anyhow PH is at 6.2-6.5
    Slow growth because of the strain ,which I did research and I saw all other growers saying the same thing (its a small plant)
    Also I didn't give her any nutrients until
    I saw her leaf tips turning yellow once I did that by 2 days it stopped shooting out yellow tips but now is twisting .
    But thanks a lot for ur input .

6. What type of soil is she in?

7. I experienced leaf twisting similar to this in my pitbull strain when temps were on the high side.

8. #8 KangarooBunny, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    See, this is what I was thinking at first until he said his temps were mid-high 70's. That's not enough to cause that, unless of course he's not taking temp readings from the canopy.

9. In my situation it only took less than a day for the temp ( high 70's - mid 80's) to affect my plant. Mind you I had 4 other plants of different variety in the same room that remained unaffected.

10. I'm inclined to say that high 70's to mid 80's still isn't hot enough to cause that, but I've learned that each plant behaves in it's own unique way. Trying to compare two plants is futile because each one responds differently to their environmental conditions.

In conclusion, the leaves twisting and curling may have something to do with heat stress. But what of the yellowing? Looks like it's spreading to me.

11. from the canopy its about 80-85F

tent temp is mid to high 70F's

12. Now that seems about right guys ! about the heat stress, I think its about right because I moved her original spot in my tent and thats when she started to twist (I made her closer to the light guess this strain doesnt like that)
    The yellowing on the tips is from a nutrients deficiency or a nutrients lock out which was taken care of a few days back now the tips stopped turning yellow.