Leaf Tips Curling Down

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GanjaNoob420, Oct 20, 2019.

1. I have notice about 3 days ago that the leaf tips are starting to curl down. I have the plant in ffof and nothing else. I did notice the other day that my soil was hydrophobic and wasng absorbing any water. What do you guys think? 20191020_072733.jpg 20191020_072739.jpg 20191020_072746.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well... your soil certainly does not look dry, now; in fact... it looks wet!
    As an example; commercial mediums such as Fox Farm and Pro-Mix exhibit hydrophobic action when first unpacked. I have to water them thoroughly before the soil is 'correct'; then I can really work with it.
    I have used FFOF for the fourth time this year; it has never seemed that way except for when it was brand new.
    Practice proper watering techniques.
    *I* can't help beyond that... I use fertilizers... my plants have never looked yellow.
    Someone will, hopefully, come up with a fertilizer-free solution for you.

3. I hate fox farm soil. It is very peat heavy and therefore becomes hydrophobic with the correct dry cycle. You can help with absorption by adding a few drops of dr. Bronners dish soap, some aloe Vera powder or juice. I would suggest mixing your own soil next time and going bottle free or switch to a soulless medium like coco and feed synthetic nutes. There’s no reason to use soil and bottled nutes together.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. It looks wet because I watered this morning with distilled mineral water PhD at 6.5 hoping to correct the problem.

5. I thought about using a different medium the next grow. Hopefully I can get things in check because this ffof has given me nothing but problems so far.