Leaf Curl, caused by too much or too little light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sparky73, Jan 23, 2012.

1. I've got some strange leaf curl. At first it was just the top of the plant, so I figured it was too close to the lights. The hood is air cooled and I can touch the glass, but I heard too much actual light can be bad too, is there any truth to that?

Now I've noticed in the last few days, a spot that's getting hardly any light is doing it also. Is this possible?

I'll post pics in a min.

Thanks

2. Pictures

Attached Files:

3. My plant is doing the same. I would also like to know this. My leaves sort of canoe downward too.

4. I'm not real worried about this grow either. I want the best yield I can get, but I've got another 8 plants about the same size. I need to buy more equipment for my next grow, but the funds have to be there first.

The seeds are just mids/bagseed.
    -Could just be bad genetics

I don't have a PH tester.
    - Will be buying one with next grow. Use water from faucet, not distilled.

Root Bound.
    - Not likely with the size of the plant / size of pot.

Poor Drainage/Nute lock.
    - Maybe the roots are lacking oxygen?

Too much or lacking some kind of nutrient.
    - I use Fox Farms trio, but it's hard to judge amounts with bagseed, not all genetics are the same.

5. I've got the same thing going on, it's on the new growth at the top which leads me to believe that it could be a slight immobile nutrient deficiency like calcium.

My grow conditions have me thinking it could also be wide swings in humidity and temps between night and day, but that's just a guess. Nighttime humidity goes up to 65% (I know, I have to keep it down) and daytime is 35-40%. I also have a 15f temp swing between night and day but that doesn't account for why it's only certain parts of the plant.

6. ^Calcium deficiency shows up as "rust spots" I don't see any on op's leaves.

The curling and twisting is most likely a ph problem.

Until you get that fixed there is really nothing else you can do.

7. #7 fif3l, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
    1st, check your ph.
    what size light r u using.
    whats your nute levels at.
    light burning will cause holes in your leaves. doesnt look like that to me. plants will lean away from light if its too close... kinda overall look unhappy. yours looks like nutes too high or ph related.

after a second look, check your N levels on your nutes. it looks almost like N overload. my sativa-dom plants do it to me, sometimes you cant do shit about it.
    [​IMG]

8. What if it isn't a ph problem?

9. Like Fif31 said. Check your nitrogen levels. Leaves curling down like that usually means a little too much N. Just back off on feeding for a bit, and see what happens.

10. I'm about 5 weeks in, so I will flush next time they need water, and see what happens. They'll probably only get one or 2 more feedings, then it's time to give straight water for a couple weeks.

11. if not corrected, n overload will have a negative impact on your finished product. n causes bad taste, as well as diminished harvest sizes, IF not corrected. :wave: