Leaf colours and bud quality question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stoned_soldier, Sep 26, 2003.

1. I've seen different coloured cannabis leaves like

Green (light and dark)
    Yellow (called gold I believe)
    Purple
    Red

What do they mean?

Also if a bud has mad white on it like White Widow, Ice, or Silver Pearl does that mean it's more potent?

2. well from my experience white, yellow, and purple [never had red] leaves are a good sign. However ive had some good ass weed from green leaves... but its been my own experience that light green leaves are the best.

3. i get purple buds a lot depending on who i get my bud from. its good weed usually better than my usual bud from BC. but then again sometimes i get green bud that is really good too

4. well here's the truth from a growers point of view.........it don't mean shit, what colour the leaves are, 1/ there should be very little leaf in your bud to start with.......2/ yellow means the plant suffered some nitro defficency, which is 100% natural in the final phases of budding........3/ dark green means, that it has lots of nitro in it, or that the light source is not powerfull enough.........purple and red are most likely charachteristics of the strain itself..........some like to go purple, and some red, but not usually the whole leaf.......more likely just the stem...................as for lots of white on ww and ice, if you mean trichomes, then yes it is commonly known as a good indication of potency...........but i've smoked some really shit looking weed before, and got stoned beyond beleif................never judge a book by it's cover............Peace out........Sid

5. lol.....dammit shade you beat me to it.....lol..........i must have been typing this out at the same time........lol.......Peace out..........Sid

6. hey what am i doing up at this time?......i'm gettin in the way of your answering all the questions........lol........it's 2.40am here, i should be in my bed.........my ass is too stoned and drunk for on here now.....lol.........shade i think this is the first time me and you been on at the same time........lol...it must be about 6.30p there?...........Peace out.........Sid

hits the bong one last time b4 going to bed...........

well o.k........just 2 more hits, and then off i go................i promise...........

7. so very very true.....