leaf clipping question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nomoreqwertys, Sep 3, 2007.

1. i have searching through old threads and cant find the answer to my question.

i am just wondering, during flowering, is it better to have the buds get light of the leaves. i just LST'd a plant, and the the big leaf is blocking one of the bud sites. is it good to clip?

2. I posted this question not too long ago and i was told that its good to not cut them because then the plant will be concentrating on using its energy to recover from the clipping. Also that the leaves are what store the energy from budding. how bigs is ur plant? and is it a cola bein blocked? how far into flower are you?

3. well the plant was basically put into 12/12 as soon as we could. its pretty small but budding really well. its got the top cola that keeps growing upward and we LST'd 4 middle colas coming outward. there is a big leaf blocking one of the middle ones.

yeah so you answer my question to which captures the energy. the leaf or the buds. if its the leaf then i guess it doesnt matter than the bud is being blocked.

4. Ya well sorry to tell ya but he answered it incorrectly. Not his fault though since someone told him wrong. If you cut a leaf or even a branch the plant uses absolutely no energy to recover from it. That'd be like expending energy on a limb that you no longer have. Plants spend more energy on living leaves then ones in the garbage can. They don't attempt to grow back (trust me I know I've clipped dozens in my last grow) and you also don't want leaves blocking buds cuz there are leafs in with the bud that need light too. Try pinning it off to the side and if that don't work don't worry about clipping some leaves, I'm sure you've got plenty.

5. personally the only leaves i remove from the gals are dead, going to be a new clone, or pruned from the very bottom.

i will often bend a leaf sideways, not breaking it, to uncover a bud.

one leaf out of many, no problem. thing is many folk in the beginning get clip happy & remove too many leaves which hurts the plant.