Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Laws.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Schrenzk, Sep 24, 2009.

1. So here's the deal, my friend got caught by a cop with her bowl and 1g of bud. The cop confiscated both the bud and the piece.

I was thinking, is it legal for the cop to confiscate the bowl?

2. Yes its completley legal for the cop to take it...actually its illegal for the cop not to take drug paraphenlia (sp?) and if your friend is trying to use that to get out of a marijuana charge then thats not good enough

3. You're asking us if a Cop can legally confiscate an illegal drug, and a most likely used pipe? seriously?

4. Before you get all crazy, read the post thoroughly. I'm asking if the pipe is allowed to be confiscated legally not the weed.

Because she actually did use the bowl for tobacco sometimes that's why I'm asking in the first place.

5. YES ITS LEGAL FOR THE COP TO TAKE THE PIPE. As soon as theres any proof of any illegal substance being used in the pipe than it's paraphanelia and thats another charge.

6. Paraphernalia.

Just helpin' a brother out.

7. the cop can take anything that is related to the bud i believe

weed (obviously), bowl, grinder

8. lol thanks this just goes to prove I hide my shit well and have never been charged (always smoke joints when you dont wanna get pinched)

9. In the state of NJ the law states:
    Paraphernalia possession or use \tmisdemeanor \t6 months \t$1,000

If your friend didnt get a ticket or taken to jail. The cop gave her a break and gave the shit to a friend.

10. You should be ecstatic that that was all that happened. The same thing happened to me and I got charged with a misdemeanor and have to go to court.