Laws Regarding Households

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by WalterHWhite, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Hello all! I'm new to the community and I thought I would ask a question regarding cannabis laws.

Say, hypothetically, you wanted to grow weed in your house. However, you get busted by the cops for growing in your closet or some other such place.

What would happen if you were living with other people who had no knowledge of your activities? Or, rather, if those other people knew but were not involved in any way, shape, or form?

I looked up the laws where I live, and the possession/cultivation laws are incredibly strict. But they say nothing about what happens to other people in your household if marijuana is found in your residence.

Anyone have any idea on where I could find this information? Again, I looked in the statutes for my state and they didn't seem to include this.

Thanks,

WHW

2. If you smoked it for yourself I don't see why ANYBODY would have a problem with it.
    You never stated what state you live in.

3. in my state if no one takes blame everyone gets charged. now even if you take 100% blame everyone else could still end up with an accerory charge. oh and who ever the owner of the house is could lose it. also dont have drug sale paraphenial. could fuck everyone

4. I think it depends on what state you live in and what your situation is.

Like, if you're living in your sweet old grandma's attic and growing in her upstairs closet, and she can't even climb the stairs to check on you, I doubt the police would want to charge her. But if you're living with three other roommates who all like to party and keep a stash in the bedside table, the police would probably find a way to bust everyone.

But even if it was your sweet old grandma, she could face some serious repercussions if you were caught.

5. The law would probably try to get one on everyone in the residence.

6. This is all a hypothetical situation, but I'm referring to the state of Missouri, which has very strict cannabis possession/cultivation laws.

In this situation, it would be just one person in possession, but it wouldn't just be a small amount. It would probably be a plant or two.

No other person would have a stash or, for that matter, be in any way involved. AT ALL.

Would it be relatively easy then, if no one else were involved (assuming no-one else refers to between 1-3 peer roommates) for them to get off/ drop charges if they were charged with some kind of accessory charge? It would seem like that would be relatively easy, although all of this is way outside of my knowledge.

The laws regarding the possession of an entire plant are pretty fierce, it could be up to 7 years in jail or more depending on how much you have. But it seems like if the laws are that strict, there would be no-one growing where I live... and yet there are a few people who do (I know none of them, however. I've heard stories ;)).