Law of Attraction?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by weedisgood4433, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Interesting objection!

2. #22 ete23, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    I dont believe in this law of attraction.. I dont believe just because you can think of something in your mind and come up with an idea that it automatically transfers to physical reality and this is what its all about.. physical reality. Your beliefs help you deal with and comfort your fear of the unknown.

This unknown relates to the 'feeling' we get when we think about before we existed. all that 'time' that passed where we had no experience, no memories of anything.. just absolute nothingness. Saying we will have an 'afterlife' or something will happen when we die is really reaching for the 'truth'. If you want to even call afterlife a truth..

I think that death only exists for the living.. Like animals..They see death but do they still fear it..? Not fear dieing but fear there will be no more 'self'..no more experience.... think of death as a transition, to what, WE DON'T KNOW! stop thinking you have heaven or afterlife figured out because you heard from a book.

3. #23 Arckaic, Nov 25, 2011
    It has nothing to do with religion at all.

The idea is the more you focus on what you want, the more choices you will make subconsciously to achieve your ultimate goal.

People that don't believe in it are usually outwardly and openly negative about their life and their situation because they don't see the things in their life that they should be grateful for.

"I can't do X because of Y reason"

This quote is the only reason that people don't do what they want to do.

"I can't move to New York because I have a job here and no money."

Actually, you can move to New York. You just have to save some money and quit your job.

"I can't be an actor because I am not good enough"

Actually, you can be an actor if you really want to put the time and effort in to do it.

Nothing in life will just appear out of thin air, but if you put yourself out there... the situations and opportunities will show themselves to you and it's your choice whether or not you want to recognize them for what they are.

Remember, there is no such thing as a coincidence.

4. Yeah if you want something really bad, your gonna work really hard to get it, right? I would and I do. Worked out for me so far.

5. #25 Arckaic, Nov 25, 2011
    Exactly this.

How badly do you want it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao[/ame]

6. I somewhat agree with this perhaps conservative viewpoint on law of attraction, but I also have a different interpretation of your words, based on my understanding of reality, that may sound "sensational" to a degree. I agree with you that as your mind becomes more focused on certain things, your subconscious will adjust itself to that end. That being said, I also believe that our external reality is a manifestation of our subconscious, so it comes both as individual choices and a re-arranging of the "external reality."

7. Yes but our thoughts are energy as well, and if i'm correct, this whole universe is tiny molecular atoms/ energy particles that our brain percieves.

Were percieving energy, and who's to say our thoughts don't have a power, a force or energy behind it?

Your right we don't know what happens after life or anything, but we can still conclude/ experience/ and hypothesis.

8. Then why do kids in Africa starve to death? Do you know how long it takes to starve to death? How long they desire and dream of just a couple spoon fulls of rice?

9. #29 ete23, Nov 25, 2011
    Thoughts have absolute no affect on reality other then in your own mind... You must express your thoughts for others to know/see/hear/feel/experience.

Yes, you are correct thoughts have power... but they remain mental ideas until applied to reality. You can think forever, but until you apply to the physical reality, they will only affect you, your mind, your body, no one else.

10. Thats not what the theory is about, what your talking about is reality. The Thoery is that I can sit on my couch and desire something and it will happen without activity, If the theory was based around activity to make it happen it would be pholosophically impoverish and identical to what we all already know to be true.

11. Perhaps inspired action is part of the manifestation for those lazy attracters ;)

12. #32 ete23, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    Rap/hip-hop/truth

2pac greastest alive, or self proclaim wayne. hmmmmmmm

no ceiling mix tape- 'watch my shoes'

And payday comes sooner than later round here,
    You see my sharks like I got some bait around here,
    Hey you better stop the hate around there,
    Before tommy mack and nina debate around there,
    Yeah you see it in my face I don't care,
    Whole court hearing trial and the case around there,
    I'm the best thing yet I know I got that thing wet,
    Evvrybody want be fly but don't know where there wings at,

Hip hop so contaminate, I swear just examine that,
    If I'm such a philanthropist the god to these evangelists,

You think I'm stunting no I'm just surviving,
    And I've been here but my soul is just arriving,
    Look up in the air, it's a crow it's a robin,
    No ceilings full dose
    I'm prescribing, medication free
    And for meditation we
    Smoke some better tasting weed
    That you'll ever taste or see

legal this weed

13. I do me, no I do three,
    At a T-I-M-E, why when we say we young mula,
    The bitches leave ya'll and relay run to us,

Trinity.

Nothingness
    Existence
    Eternity

14. true.

I guess thoughts and actions go hand in hand though.

Because if you think or want something your most likely to try and get it tbh, lol.