Law of Attraction?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by weedisgood4433, Nov 21, 2011.

1. I have been reading a lot about this lately as it interests me greatly. Do any of you guys believe in this? Do you really think it has the power to improve your life (wealth, relationships, etc...)

I believe the book "The Secret" might have taken the whole thing a bit too far and made is seem almost too good to be true. But I started to read some books by Dr. Joseph Murphy and they are interesting to say the least.

I have started saying daily affirmations, as well as writing down things that I want out of life, both spirtual and physical. So what are your expierences with this, if any at all?

2. I watched the movie The Secret and am very skeptical.

I get my physical prosperity and spiritual enlightenment from the Divine.

3. Like I said, I feel the secret was defiantly blown out of proportion and somewhat "commericialized."

Any other thoughts?

4. Many believe that "The Secret" is one of the reasons we are in the middle of a financial crisis now.

Just sayin!

LOL

5. LOL! That is really interesting, I never heard that! Care to elaborate?

6. Unless I'm getting it wrong, The Secret says that if a human wants/desires something, he will get it.

Yeah, a little blown out of proportion IMHO.

7. Does this include the ability to liberally fly? :p

8. Certainly works.

I wanted a bag of hot cheetos. I went out and bought it. Shit works.

:rolleyes:

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. The Law of Attraction isn't true man.

11. The secret makes it more dramatic than it really is. the law of attraction just means how you think is going to "attract" you to whatever you put out with your thoughts.

If you think negatively, you are attractin negative people because you shut out reasonable or positive people from your life.

12. It's nothing more than psychology. You plague your mind with something enough and, by god,you will aim to achieve that. The phrase "fake it till you make it" comes to mind which is related to self-fulfilling prophecies.

A ton of rappers rap about how much money they have before they even become successful. Same concept.

13. My cousins showed me this video cause they were really into it.

I share their blood? [​IMG]

14. i believe in it. i agree that the book and the movie made it seem unrealistic but the basic ideas are something i live by everyday. it really works! maybe the fact that i am just so stoned all day makes it easier to believe in (this is a marijuana forum and all) haha but hey it's the same thing as christianity... believeing in something that may or may not be real.

15. Weird, I've been watching some videos on this topic lately.

16. I basically believe in it...haven't been doing much of anything with it for a while, though. I want to start trying to utilize it again.

17. i tend to think of attracting more when i'm in a bad situation.. hoping that i will attract better things... but also if you follow the secret strictly you attracted that bad situation to yourself in the first place

18. Yep, and if your tendency is to attract when things are bad, then that very act of attracting comes with the notion that things are bad, and therefore will be a stumbling block for your trying to attract more and more good. Because the idea is that your PRESENT state of being is sent out into the world and attracts. So if you want things to good, because you think things are bad, then that badness that you are feeling is hidden in the goodness you are trying to attract, and so that is part of the energy you are sending out.

19. [quote name='"TheJourney"']

Yep, and if your tendency is to attract when things are bad, then that very act of attracting comes with the notion that things are bad, and therefore will be a stumbling block for your trying to attract more and more good. Because the idea is that your PRESENT state of being is sent out into the world and attracts. So if you want things to good, because you think things are bad, then that badness that you are feeling is hidden in the goodness you are trying to attract, and so that is part of the energy you are sending out.[/quote]

could not have said it any better. happy to find a blade who shares my same ideas :dabbin:

20. #20 PlatonicStrtgst, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    No child would ever starve to death if the law was true. And guys there are kids literally starving to death. They desire food in a way most of us cannot even imagine, with profound sincerity and the terror of death compelling them.