Law Enforcements Against Prohibition (video)

Discussion in 'General' started by ZerO Stay Tokin, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Wow.

Very very refreshing to hear these men speak the truth.

Takes alot of balls to go against what you've been taught. applying intelligence and common sense to american laws results in this.

The War on Drugs is one of the biggest domestic control programs ever in human history. Absolutley dispicable, it does such a huge amount of harm to the society.

2. It is SOOO good to hear cops of all people speaking like this. One can only hope that people like this can influence more powerful people in the future and eventually, well, I almost don't wanna say it. Ya'll know what I mean.

3. ttt - this video should be plastered around the net.

However I am a bit concerned by some of the information, hell after 0.17 sec of searching (this is true, I can tell... yahoo tells me hah!) I found that the US Federal Government spent 19 billion dollars on the drug war in 2003. Now I know the video didn't give the year, but they said 69 billion was spent in a year; and there's a big different between 19 and 69 billion, large enough that it would have major news if they took the spending up 50 billion in a year or two... which this video makes me think that it was around 2000-2004 they were discussing with how much was spent.

I'm not saying that this video is bad, because I completely against the war on drugs. I'm just questioning some of their hard numbers used based off of my own research. Hell 19 billion is still too much. If 19 billion were split up to give kids a $20,000 college scholarship; 950,000 kids would get a free college education. If you were to carve up 69 billion into $20,000 college scholarships, 3,450,000 kids would get a free college education... and that is per year!!!!! What a horrible waste of money. For the people that bitch about the price of the war in Iraq, why don't they bitch about this blatent waste of money as well. It's almost sickening that this waste of money is going on with realatively no opposition. double u tee eff mate?

http://www.drugsense.org/wodclock.htm

That's where I got the 19 billion from (#1 result on yahoo.com using "War on Drug spending by year") It states that state and local governments could have added another 30 billion, so that's still only 49 billion which is 20 billion shy of the point made in the movie. Like I said I am in NO WAY bashing the movie, it just gets me questioning what other twists they might have in it.

4. I have the more respect for leap than any other drug legalization organization group out there. It takes a lot of guts for cops to come out and directly challenge what they were told to do for years and years. These men are probably some of the smartest, and most convincing i've ever seen. They know first hand what the war on drugs does. It was so great to see the way they spoke to those classes. If anyone is going to get drugs to be legalized, it will be them.

5. WOW this is like a must see

6. its the truth, spoken vary intelligently and convincingly with hard hitting evidence, statistics, and real life experiences, lets hope this opens a few peoples eyes into the utter stupidity and harmfulness of the war on drugs.

7. these people know what fair is.
    bustin a kid for a small bag of weed is stupid.

now bustin someone with a baggie of heroin is a whole diff story.

8. ... i guess you didnt pay to much attention to the video. They said ALL drug prohibition is unfair, and are for the legalization of ALL drugs.