Law Enforcement Group Backs Legalizing Drugs

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by tabou21, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Great post :D

"Anybody that has seen how drug addiction forces children to live in deplorable conditions would never come out and support this," Woodward said. "In fact, they would do everything they could to stop it"

Fuck you. we are talking about CANNABIS not COKE. get a fucking brain there is no addiction, and making it legal would make it cheaper in most cases, leaving the "deplorable conditions" the choice of the person. and i believe the shittiest house is better than the best jail cell.

2. LEAP is backing legalizing "DRUGS", not just Cannabis. Hence Woodwards comment on addiction, just to clarify things. I do not specifically know Woodwars stance on Marijuana, but I think you are right, Ebonics - I think he is lumping pot in with other drugs. What a dick Woodward is...

3. yeah. well if thats the case i still belive in full legalization of all drugs. hell no would i put anything besides cannabis in my body, but its not my business to tell others they cant.

4. Obviously Woodward has never lived in a foster home. The same foster homes that children are forced to live in when their parents are caught with cannabis. I believe it is pretty deplorable to force a child to live away from their parents because those parents chose a substance that is safer than alcohol, cigarettes and just about every over-the-counter and prescription drug. Most of those kids end up in the same brutal cycle, grow up in a foster home, develop a hatred for the government, get involved in drugs, then their children get put in a foster home and it all starts over. All the while Mr. Abusive Alcoholic Dad gets to keep getting drunk and beating his kids until they turn 18.

5. Cannabis convictions account for 4/5 of the U.S. drug war budget. Legalizing cannabis pretty much means ending the drug war. Probably less than 1/3 of our current drug war budget can be used to successfully TREAT hard drug addiction for those who choose to take treatment.
    If a person doesn't fear incarceration, then yes, more people will come forward for hard drug addiction treatment if they feel it's effecting their life.

So yes, everything Woodward said is unfounded and completely lacking of common sense.
    Dick indeed.....

6. I've always liked LEAP. I don't fully agree with their opinions on legalizing all drugs (mostly because I only care about MJ, I guess), but 10,000 current or former law enforcement officers united in changing our drug laws must mean that it's a case worthy of opening. WAKE UP, government! Actually every government in the world, except the Dutch, should wake up.

7. im a criminal justice major and during one of my classes last semester a speaker from LEAP came to our school and explained their reasoning and why they want ALL drugs to be legal so they can be reglated...it was a really interesting seminar. my teacher said taht since it was during our class we could leave at 7:25 when the class was over but i stayed the whole time cuz it was pretty interesting...but these guys dont even give a shit about weed...cuz the guy basically said that weed isnt even really a drug as far as LEAP is concerned

the guy basically said that the war on drugs isnt doing a fuckin thing besides spending valuabale tax money so LEAP thinks they shud make all drugs legal so thy can be regulated and therefore wouldnt be too many overdoses anymore...people are still gonna do drygs no matter what so in their mind just make it safe...cuz honestly everyone at GC here knows...u never know what ur gonna get when u buy an illegal drug cuz it isnt regulated

these guys have a lot of good points and there are over 10,000 people from various law enforcement agencies who are members of it. glad to know all cops arent fuckin retarded...when im a cop ill probly become a member cuz i agree with most of what they say

8. Not to mention that WHO HAS A BETTER PERSPECTIVE on the war on drugs than these guys. These guys see first hand exactly what the failed war on drugs gets them. Basically, you end up with prisons full of people who shouldn't be there. Dead cops. The same amount of supply and demand because someone is always gonna step up to the plate and manufacture and sell drugs and someone is gonna always be looking to get high. That shit hasn't changed in 1,000 years and calling basic prohibition a "war on drugs" doesn't mean a fucking thing. They KNOW what the war on drugs does because they've been fighting it as well as we have. Personally, I'm glad to see these guys come out like this and I hope it shows some people who are maybe on the fence about legalization that there are other "normal" people, just like them who are advocates of ending prohibition. It's a good sign anyway.

9. Absolutely, guys! I have four coppers in the family (who, I might add, catch hell from me about everything from legalizing drugs, to where they get their "free donuts", LOL.

None are members of LEAP, however all four believe that drugs should be legal. They believe that our archaic drug laws are ridiculous, and a violation of our Civil Liberties.

They also state that many, many other LEO's believe as they do.

Like Bob Dylan said way back in the sixties, the times, they are a'changing. A whole lot moreso now than they were back then!

I smell legalization within the next ten years! :hello::smoke::hello:

10. The day it happens bro, I'm not gonna run down to city hall. I'm not gonna go show off at the police station, or the courthouse.

I'm gonna roll about 20 of the nicest joints you've ever seen, and sit in the sun, in my backyard, and smoke all 20 of those joints while I enjoy my breeze, in my yard, at my house.

I can't wait.:smoke:

11. good read thx.

12. AMEN, Evolved, I won't gloat or flaunt it! I'll sit back at home, maybe have a few friends over, grill out, and smoke some bowl fulls!