Law and Order meets American Idol

Discussion in 'Politics' started by innervision, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Thought of this the other day. What if you made a TV show of an entire court case; meaning you are essentially a juror watching the case being presented over TV. Then at the end you would text in your vote much like American Idol. This would allow the country to hold a "National Trial."

What do you think?

2. I think this would be awesome, but it should only be used for poor people.

3. what the fuck?

4. I think it would be a good idea only if the outcome of the trial was actually determined by a legitimate jury, or it were an intricately staged reenactment of an obscure historical trial. Too many trolls out there to risk a person's freedom by having the public vote. It would just be interesting to see how the votes compared to the legitimate verdict.

Unless it was a poor person's trial. Then who cares?

5. Lol it's a horrible idea all around. People vote with eyes not mind.

6. bad idea

jury contamination
    no accountability
    <sarcasm>
    ...and we all know publicity has absolutely no influence on judges, DA's, PA's, justice in general...
    </sarcasm>

a court room free of media antics, religious/political influence and without contamination from biased sources, is how we get justice...I know people will have a hard time believing such, but it is true.

Record everything and once a verdict is given, release the records.
    How things went, who did and said what can be gone over in detail...some real accountability of the justice systems employees and the lawyers involved.

7. No way.

All the Nancy Grace viewers would watch it obsessively and vote to execute people for minor crimes.

"The crowd says guilty! OFF WITH HIS HEAD! Maybe you'll think twice next time before you park in a handicap spot!"

"But my car broke down and I pushed it into the only empty spot to get out of the way of a fire truck!"

"Well. If you took better care of your car, you'd still be alive tomorrow, Mr. Man! TO THE GUILLOTINE!"