Lava Lamp

Discussion in 'General' started by LSD THC, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hey GC I need help with my lava lamp I recently bought a 28inch green and blue lava lamp and it was working perfectly and I would smoke and stare at it for hours. I left my house for about 2 days and forgot to turn it off the directions say don't keep it on for longer than 14 hours but I looked online and I saw no bad side effects from 2 days. Now when I turned it back on the bulb looked dim and I need to order a specific bulb but I am paronoid thinking I broke the lava persay. Anyone have this problem or have a PhD in stoner objects and can tell me if it's the bulb or I should return the lamp? Thanks

2. buy a bulb...that is, if the bulb is dim

3. Yeah it's $20 for a bulb so before I spend the money I want to know if anyone knows if I messed up the lamp.

4. id buy another one for 20 bucks.

5. well...i once did and the lava was all like...separated?

it was weird, will the lava even move?

6. Well, it's not actually LAVA, technically the chemicals inside the lamp are a trade secret...

..So if that goo inside fill go to the bottom of the glass and form together, Just buy another bulb, as long as the coil is still on the absolute bottom of the glass and the goo on top, it'll reheat and melt.

7. This thread makes me want to get a lava lamp lol

8. yeah, i want a black one
    [​IMG]

9. My lava lamp was constantly on my entire childhood. Never had a problem with it, and it's the very same lava lamp I have in my apartment now. Just get a new bulb

10. No it melts and flows but stays at the bottom mabye every half hour 1 or 2 blobs float but goes right back down and yeah it's a sick lamps it's huge and has a nice green and blue color that light up my posters and I have 3 in total 1 red white and purple 16inch and a little 11inch yellow one.

11. I recommend one even like a 16inch there sick it really is just so cool.

12. i wanna 6 foot lava lamp

13. They use to make 4 foot ones but there illegal now. 28inch is the biggest you can get. It's still huge man.

14. what!?!?! why?:mad:

15. The government hates stoners... jk... not really but they used 250 watt flood light bulbs and caused alot of fires SOOOOOO.

If you really wanted you could probably find 1 on eBay.

16. you could probably just make one yourself

17. it made me find mine ahahah

18. Glad I could help lol.

19. I doubt you need to order that exact $20 bulb. Sounds life a ripoff.

Take it to home depot or somewhere and get a new bulb with the same wattage and similar design.

20. I went to Ace, East Coast Pychodelics, Home Depot and even a light bulb store nadda man only 1 company makes it :(