Lava lamp

Discussion in 'General' started by LandOLakes, Sep 24, 2009.

1. i just found my lava lamp from when i was a kid. o it has been sitting for about 9 years. my question is do lava lamps go bad? it ha been on for about 4 hours and it will not rise. it is half way up the glass but it won't separate. and there are small air bubbles rising in the colored part.

i am also getting my grandpas original lava lamp from the 60s. is this going to work still?

2. by colored i mean the lava. i could not think of what to call it before :D:D

3. I dunno, but I would just leave it for a while, I swear sometimes they take forever. It's the one reason i hardly use mine, because by the time its bubblin' im either trying to sleep or done chillin.

4. turn it on and leave it on as long as it has never been shook up it should come back to life but shaking them runes them I love them and have a few I just dont turn them off ....ever that way when im ready to chill there ready with me ...lol hope that helps

5. As long as the coil is directly in the center of the lamp and the lava is still in viable condition, it should work, provided the bulb is right.

6. the coil looks rusty. but i turned it on 3 hours and i am going to let it go all night

7. What? I just shook mine today :(