Latest Prop 19 Poll Shows 52% Support

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Latest Prop 19 Poll Shows 52% Support
    OpposingViews / Marijuana Policy Project / Mike Meno / 10,02,2010

For the second time this week, a poll of likely California voters shows Proposition 19, the measure to make marijuana legal for all adults, ahead – this time by more than 50 percent.

In a just-released survey of 2,004 adult residents throughout the state, the Public Policy Institute of California shows Prop 19 leading by a margin of 52 to 41 percent. Earlier this week, the California Field Poll found Prop 19 up 49 to 42. Some details from the PPI poll:

Among California's likely voters, 52 percent favor the proposition to legalize marijuana. Strong majorities of independent (65%), Democratic (63%), and Latino (63%) likely voters support Proposition 19 when read the full ballot title and label, as do those age 18–34 (70%). Half of voters (49%) say the outcome of Proposition 19 is very important, with those opposed to the initiative feeling stronger about the outcome: 65 percent of those who plan to vote no say the outcome is very important, compared to 42 percent of likely voters who plan to vote yes.

Again, these numbers are promising, but they're no guarantee. All Californians who support sensible marijuana policies need to make sure to come out and vote yes on 19 Nov. 2 – and tell your friends and family to do so as well.

And if you haven't already, also check out the Yes on 19 campaign site, and register to vote.

2. If you're 18 or over in the state of California --- register to vote and then VOTE.

Now is the time for this senseless war on drugs, weed especially, to end.

DO NOT EXPECT SOMEONE ELSE TO VOTE FOR YOU...

The rest of us (the other 49 states WILL follow your lead)....

thanks

3. Finally, some hopeful news.

4. This made my day!:hello:

Progress in the right direction, finally.

5. More great news! Can't wait till Nov. 2!

6. is November here yet?? ;)

7. that means 48% of californians still beleive the lies, that's pretty sad

8. If Prop 19 gets passed I'm moving to Cali!

9. nope , about 37 % belive the lies , like 17% dont know what they are going to choose .
    people weed is really biging win time
    Aginst about 37 %
    Favor 52 %
    thats like ~ 60 - 40 .

10. i dont live there but i dont think its going to pass. People who need to vote never do, religious people organize themselves too well and actually vote (and in the same direction) and in this case its against weed. There needs to be more positive publicity even though its getting alot, its still not enough.

but because i dont think its going to pass doesnt mean im not filled with hope.

11. they just talked about this law in my country ...
    " on november 2 cali voter is going to decide if they want to legalize the use of weed , in addition there governor decriminalized weed , making it fine up to 100$ , yeah , an ileaigl drug , getting same punishment as speeding ticket ".

12. Well i have hope, That's all i have really.

52 percent support?

California has a population of 36,961,664people

So what's 52 percent of 36 million? That's like 18,720,000

We'll see what is to come

13. "that means 48% of californians still beleive the lies, that's pretty sad"

"about 37 % belive the lies , like 17% dont know what they are going to choose
    "

What percentage of the no or undecided polled are long time stoners or professionals that will never answer or indicate in any poll that they favor legalization? It may not be many,but there are people that will never stick their heads up,some even after legalization,for a few years anyway.

So some of the no's will be changing their vote in the boothes and some of the undecideds will vote in favor of prop 19,but I see little chance of the yes polled of changing their vote.

And I believe the people that support this issue are more motivated to see it pass than the ones opposed,which was very well indicated by the response of the cash bomb
    executed by Yes on Prop 19 Control and Tax Cannabis when we raised more than was asked for in one day.

I still predict 70% for----30% against Nov 2nd

14. Obviously the entire population doesn't vote. :hello:

15. Polls never have, nor never will indicate what will happen Its up to people in Cali to decide in November