late stage tieing down

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by unity420, Dec 28, 2009.

1. I have a height issue. I have about 1/2 meter of height left. 4 weeks into flowering 12/12, some one said to tie them down a bit. So with a plant at 1 1/2 meter (5') do i just tie it down to the side a bit, I guess more of a lean over. That would give me a bit more room for the flowering to grow I figure another 6 weeks. Thanks

U420

2. Some one has to have some input on this, help a fella out :wave:

U420

3. This video on Low Stress Training will help you out...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojsiAUxc8CM]YouTube - Low Stress Training Video Tutorial[/ame]

4. its really easy tying plants down. just tie a string or something around the stem and find a spot on the container or something to tie it to. i use pipe cleaners, they flexible and strong.

5. With an established plant that size, bending can be done, but must be done slowly, in steps. To gain room, tie string, cord, rope or whatever to the top and gently bend it over. Every few days, it can be bent over a little further and re-tied. The key is to take it in stages so you don't snap the main stem. You can also use the same technique on whichever branches you need to in order to preserve space.

6. ^I couldn't have said it better, this is exactly how to do it. You won't end up with a horizontal plant like with LST from the get-go, as the OP surmised with a late-stage plant you will end up with it still relatively straight but pulled over to maybe a 60 or 45 degree angle.

7. Hey not to sound like a dick or anything but rather than embedding that video in like every thread couldn't you just link to it in your sig and tell people to click on it when it's relevant?

8. What are you the GrassCity Police? haha.. just kidding! I could do that, but then people will still ask how to LST and where to find it... Not trying to be annoying, but more helpful by having people not have to look for it, if that makes any sense? And this thread pertains strictly to reducing height in a tight setup.

9. Sorry for the delay had to go to work. Thanks for the outstanding advice!! That was exactly the advice I was looking for. I have a strong main stem and it was topped once so there are two rather long flexible yet strong branches. She is flowering all over and the tops starting to reach max room available. I just started with the FOXFARM Big Bloom nuts so I am expecting flowering to take off here in a day or so, she is 4 weeks into flowering and going strong. I will assume when I tie her over i will re position her lighting to reflect the new position. Thanks again for the worldly and much needed advice from all

U420