Late outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by shooting star, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Well I decided to take some of my good seeds and grow a few plants outdoors w/ seeds i've collected since my first grow. On july 1st I put them in the soil (after I germed them) and the first set of oval leaves have grown, the second set of serated leaves are about an inch long and my 3rd set is starting to grow. I've got 3 doing the same thing in 3 pots.

It's been extremely hot (100% plus) and I've been keeping a close eye on them. When there this young will they be able to withstand the heat? The top leaves point up and I'm doing my best to keep them from dying. I've got nutes but I don't want to use them for another couple weeks.

I guess what I'm asking, it's going to be 6-8 weeks before the light schedule goes 12/12 here in the south. From my previous indoor grow I realized that extreme heat can damage the plants so I'm checking them every couple of hours during the day. Any ideas or suggestions about the heat. I realize I'm not going to get a max yield from starting so late but I'm pretty sure if I can get two girls out of it I should end up w/ a few oz's.

Also wanted to know if spraying water (no nutes, just water) for the next couple of weeks on the actuall leaves will help. Thanks in advance for any answers.[​IMG]

2. You definitely do not want water on the leaves when they are getting sunlight as that will burn the leaves. Just make sure they have enough (not to much) water, and that's about all you can do besides maybe putting them in the shade at the hottest part of the day. This is my first grow but I can tell you don't do what I did and leave them in the shade because it's too hot. They will stretch and that's a whole new difficulty when it's hot. Early morning sun is supposed to be the best and it's also the coolest in the morning. I hope I was at least some what helpful. Good luck!

3. Ok so I started 3 plants in the beginning of July. Bought some nutes and ph up and down and got a soil ph meter but I'm buying some pool strips todays to check the ph of the water. More on that later.

So they've been in soil for a month now and about a week ago they showed sex. Two w/ sacs and one w/ pistils (kinda what I expected, only planted 3). So I have one female that's healthy (for the most part)

Now to my questions. I don't think I have spider mites but i'm not sure, nothing on the undersides of the leaves that I can see but I do have a few white spots on top of the leaves).

Second issue is the leaves towards the bottom (not the top 2 sets) have yellow spots on them (I don't think it's related to spider-mites but I don't know).

Last issue is that a few of the bigger leaves have turned their tips up. I understand this could be related to nutes, and I might of have used too much this last time, I flushed it out if that will help anything out. I don't know the exact PH but I will by this afternoon.

Anyways that's where she stands after a month. I think I'm going to buy a metal trash can and stick in there to keep it hidden from anyone that might peak in my back yard. Will the metal help with getting light to the lower leaves at all or should I get an emergency blanket and fold it up and stickit around the inside of the trash can?

I'm also going to force flower these plants now because were having a family function at my house (son's birthday) and I want to be done by then. It' in the first week of October. I plan on putting the lid on the trash can at 5 p.m. everynight and removing it at 10p.m. when it's dark. I'm praying being in the trash can for a few hours with the lid on for a few hours won't damage the plant. Sun comes up around 6a.m. so it would be 13 hours of darkness. Our natural sunrise/sunset schedule won't be down to twelve hours until the middle of september. I know it's gonna effect the yield and being in the trash can won't help as far as light but i'm going to get as much light to it as I can.

If anyone can help me with my questions I would certainly appreciate it, if I did use too much nutes will flushing w/ water help? These spots, i've heard someone way it wass mag defficiency. I'm buying neem oil and spraying everything when i get back w/ a trash can and I ordered some ladybug killer spray. Let me know if you have any advice or questions.

Attached Files:

4. lower the amount of nutes your using, and get the neem oil and you should be fine

5. Thamks for the reply, what do you think ab0ut keeping it in a metal trash can. From what I can see it refelcts light and the bottom leaves are getting plenty of light. It's somewhat stealth, nobody is going to check a trashcan in my locked backyard up against m houe. I'll have the lid on from 5p.m. to 9 or 10p.m. I need it to bud sooner or later and I know it's gonna cost me yield wise but whatever.