Late night emergancy

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Buzzwell420, Jun 3, 2012.

1. I have a bug problem bad in the whole graden.

there brown bugs that have pinchers on their butt.

i ant take a picture now wait.... i can will update...

have organic fert
    and will mass weedeat the yard its is very over grown...

I am getting praying mantis

and will do a mad clean sweep with pestacide....

is this smart... can i introduce lady bugs in large number or

will any of this cause an inbalance.

we need help quick........

i maybe might just rep you but cant promise

2. Im pretty happy with the results neem has had for me. I sprayed my outdoor grow once and it hasnt had pest problems since. But Im going back today to spray it down another good time. Make sure you get every last inch of the plant though!

3. Going to have to nuke the yard. They We're nested in logs used as a barrier

4. Earwigs? They're pretty chill.

Hopefully you have an ant nest near your garden, they'll guard your shirt 24/7

5. ive only used pesticides when it is absolutely positively needed

otherwise, ants/mantis/lady bugs keep things nice.

6. [quote name='"Gryphonics"']Earwigs? They're pretty chill.

Hopefully you have an ant nest near your garden, they'll guard your shirt 24/7[/quote]

No they are infesting the garden and eating shit

7. I'm sorry this happened to you. It's still early and time is there to start over if you absoulutly have to. How big is your plot? I feel your pain.

8. [quote name='"Buzzwell420"']

No they are infesting the garden and eating shit[/quote]

Its possible, its not them eating anything. Unless for your own eyes you have seen the chewing away.

Do not nuke your garden dude, you will be setting your soils development back 20 years.

Lets do it organically. Do you have dried Rosemary or Spearmint around? If you do, add 1/4 cup to a quart and shake it well as much as possible for 24 hours. After this dilute 1 to 10 parts water and foilar and soil drench.

Next I would worry about prevention. Try more flowers in your garden to attract the good bugs and confuse the bad.

Planting onions and garlic around the outside edge of your garden will prevent some slug and larva from forming.

Also if the Rosemary doesn't work, do the same steeping with ground garlic and hot peppers.

These should work, and some simple planting of extra good plants will help you.

Gardening Books FTW in my sig has links to everything I just posted.

Seriously man stay away from those nasty chemicals. Would you want to eat anything grown in a reactor?

9. Neem is another good thing, bit honestly its nothing the Rosemary isn't already. If the Rosemary mint isn't working trying upping the strength before trying something else. Results should be seen pretty quickly.

Mantis are AWESOME for your garden. Let them eat anything, he will keep you aphid free.

Bugging lady bugs? Personally id pass. The increase of bright flowers and smells will attract enough.

10. they ate the flowers used for "protection."

the logs we used as borders ended up being a nest, and my back yard was messing for months and provided mass breeding ground.

the yard is INFESTED.......

so ur saying dont nuke the yard?
    Like i have to start over in a green house.... but just weeded and cleaned the yard.

and i need to avange my watermelon and squash plants death....

death to the earwigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the organic pestacide
    did

nada

nothing.....

so spearment and rosemarry water can kill the buggers that are dug in the soil.

i used soap with essencal oils on the sides of some pots that i didnt put in the ground and they seem to work.

idk i still want tot nuke it