Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Las Vegas Nevada dispensaries?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BubbleFunker, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know of any? I looked in the NORML site and found nada.

2. #2 TUNES707, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    lol i would think that....i just looked and i didnt know medicinal marijuana was legal in nevada...

i just went to vegas for new years, i didnt look for a dispensary, and did not see one.. im sure they are there. just hush hush. i guess since marijuana use to be way illegal in nevada..

3. AFAIK there is no co-op, club or dispensaries in Nevada.

4. Yet cannabis is legal for medical purposes. . .so, still wondering how ppl there get their medicine.

5. under the nevada mmj there are no dispeneries (they are illegal). patients are allowed to grow and posses mj how they accuire it the nv govt doesnt want to know.
    all though mj is decrimed so posession of 1 oz or less is simply a ticket and release offense.

hope this helps

if you guys ever come to vegas check out www.myspace.com/vegasbud

6. yea the state wont allow dispensaries so it sucks

7. In Nevada:

For patients in the state of Nevada outside of Las Vegas we offer a by-mail service that will get you a doctors recommendation. Please scroll down to the second set of directions for more information.

For patients in the Las Vegas area we can help you get you doctors approval usually on the same day. Here is how you do it:

Step 1. Patients must have a letter from their physician stating their diagnosed condition. Medical records proving your condition are also accepted. If you have any questions about what you need please call Reyna at 702-769-1552 or 702-309-3839.

Step 2. Once you have the correct paperwork, give Reyna a call to set up your consultation. Her number is (702) 769-1552 or (702) 309-3839. The best time to reach her is between 10 and 8 on weekdays.

Total Costs:
    Application Fee: $50.00
    Bureau of Health Planning & Statistics background fee: $150.00

You can buy the "packet" from us or send a money order to the Bureau of Health Planning & Statstics
    Medical Marijuana Program
    4150 Technology Way, Suite 104
    Carson City, NV
    89706-2028

-Consultation-
    Consultation Fee: $150.00
    Physicians fee: $150.00

Total: $500.00

Step 3. I verify your condition, paperwork, and identification. Upon satisfactory determination of condition, I personally take you to my physician. Please Note to set up an appointment a Non-Refundable $25.00 Deposit is required

Step 4. Physician signs off on your medical marijuana recommendation.

Step 5. Return packet to Bureau of Health Planning & Statstics.

Step 6. The BHPS will notify you when you can pick up your medical marijuana license at the DMV.

Please register and post your questions. If you have problems posting do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions.

You can reach me at 702-769-1552 Reyna or you can email me at reynab08@gmail.com for any questions regarding medical marijuana.

By Mail in Nevada:

Step 1. Patients must have a letter from their physician stating their diagnosed condition. Medical records proving your condition are also accepted. If you have any questions about what you need please call Reyna at 702-769-1552 or 702-309-3839.

Step 2. Once you have the correct paperwork. Send it to the following address or fax it to the number below along with a copy of your NEVADA ID and a money order for $350.

We also accept credit cards. If you have any questions about paying by mail or with credit please call and ask.

Reyna Barnett
    7775 Clearwood Ave
    Las Vegas, NV 89123

Note: If sending paperwork by FAX please send records to 702-309-3839.

Step 3. After your information has been reviewed you will receive your medical marijuana packet and signed doctors recommendation.

Step 4. Return packet to Bureau of Health Planning & Statstics

Step 5. The BHPS will notify you when you can pick up your medical marijuana license at the DMV.

Please note if paying by credit card we charge a $10.00 processing fee.

By mail service, we can sell the "packets" from the Department of Health for $50.00.

8. Wow! Is that ever expensive!!!
    I'd asked b/c my mom is a Cali. MMJ patient, but is planning to move to Vegas.
    She may not wanna move there, at those prices.
    We're paying under $200, usually around $125 in Cali. for everything you need, which is merely a doctor's recommendation.
    All those nutty hoops you guys have to jump through makes me think the patients are getting scammed.
    As a patient, I'd consider mounting a complaint, collecting signatures for petitions, etc.
    Thanks for that info, though. :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. what is that myspace for?

10. Nevada does have very strict laws, and if you do research into the laws you will find out that Nevada was among some of the earlier states to actually enact a Medical Marijuana bill, and when they did there was TWO very different bills to treat the issue that they looked into...

California and Oregon, they looked at both bills and states laws and infact at first wanted to model after California -- but with gambling and prositution legal already they didn't want to deal with what california was dealing with so they went after Oregon -- WHICH -- if anyone has done any research has evolved NUMEROUS TIMES.. Note: Nevada was in place in 2001, and was based pretty much DIRECTLY after the Oregon law which allowed for a Medical Necissity(sp) defense for any "REGISTERED" patient to be allowed more then the limits clearly stated in the law -- as long as they had followed the strict regulations to actually apply and be accepted by the state -- secondly, tho MOST of you guys do not know this -- the law clearly states that you need "NOT" actually register with the state to be allowed the rights given to you in the NRS453A which is the law on medical marijuana, merely it doesn't provide you the IMMEDIATE protection from being compliant with the law .. Meaning, if you had talked to your doctor within a one-year time frame (merely talked, not even written but if you have written even better) and he suggested or recommended marijuana (Note, under federal law they can not "PERSCRIBE" marijuana, merely they can "recommend" the use of) then IN COURT you can use the defense of Medical Neccessity and if you are within the legal limits (4 immature, 3 mature, and 1 oz) then you are within your rights as a patient.

NOW.. if you are registered, you are exempt from prosecution for that ammount (Meaning, they can NOT do ANYTHING TO YOU for that ammount if you have a valid card -- if they do they are directly breaking the law) AND if you do have an excess ammount -- if you can prove that ammount is medically needed beyond a preoperdorance of evidence based upon your doctors recommendation/approval, then you are fully within your legal rights..

I know alot to take in.. But -- it is clearly written within the law .. now why I say this? ... I am a medical patient, registered with the state -- came here from California, was registered with my doctor in california (Before the state created health dept. cards) anyways .. I was recently arrested and charged with possession with intent (Besides the fact that they entered my house without a warrant and searched my premises based on a *safety sweep* for their own safety in a residence they were not even allowed to be IN -- 4th amendment??) with that being said, they see my plants -- I am registered, I am within california's limits -- I am WAY out of Nevadas
    on paper-limits, but I know about my medical nessecity and I do not wish to be on morphine and oxy, ritalin and tegretol, nor hauldol -- nor any of the drugs they wish to test to make me better -- which causes WAY worse PERMANENT side-effects..

ANYWAYS .. my case was dismissed, based on the law above -- I recieved a note from my doctor that says 24 plants would be reasonable -- as per californias law with the understanding of course of concentrated volumes -- constant use for agonizing muscle spasams from spasamatic torticollis which was caused by a SIDE-EFFECT of perscription drugs used to cure diseases which are calmed/controlled by marijuana -- and breathing/stress relief techniques..

I am ADHD, Bi-polar Manic depressive, speech problems, dsylexia -- tardive dystonia spasamatic torticollois due to side-effects of perscription drugs, nerve-damage from pinched nerves from 15 foot fall and landing directly on my head at age 6. What else???? Some type of lung disease which was nevere discovered while in all my tests -- not directly asthma -- believed to be related to allergies (extremely allergic to all dust/danders/etc.)

-- I take concentrated forms of marijuana -- smoke through filters -- and stress relief -- body management -- chiropractors -- massages -- steam room -- stretching -- hanging upside down -- orthopedic insoles .. etc .. etc .. etc ..

My choice .. my life .. I do not need these drugs that people will kill for because they are addicts -- and be unable to do any of the above things because I am too -- 'pilled out' ..

My case -- as I said -- was dismissed based on medical nessecity -- I didn't even have to bring up the 4th amendment violation -- that shows, this state is moving..

We need to gather -- get signatures - and update the 2001 bill which hasn't been modified in ... 8 years???? COME ON! Oregon has stopped up their limits, allowed care-giver and co-op systems which nevada law clearly prohibits .. I a sorry but we are not all green thumbs -- if you ever had a garden in your front-yard you definately understand -- now imagine your medicine? Crops die -- people don't know what to do -- and without an open-source of help -- sometimes people may have to produce MUCH MORE so they can have a safety-net for the inevitaible failure..

Co-ops and collectives help out -- teach patients what they must do -- and if they can not??? They do it for them -- in a manner that is respectable -- and helps people out. Taxes paid to the state and goverment instead of a drug-dealers pocket .. medicine produced safely under guidelines or under the care of a collective -- meaning -- any of the registered patients can have a say -- or perhaps they all do their part.. volunteer work or pay the bills involved -- a combination of the two will provide medicine to patients for nearly free the same as producing it yourself but with some type of actual knowledge and skill behind it to help make sure of no failure -- I had my first three crops die/produce nothing -- I do not like having a 9-5 job and having another job having to take care of my own medicine -- btu it is better then those pills..

Lastly -- with the understanding and collective/co-ops -- even tho they tend to be hit harder by the federal -- if they are regulated and registered with the state as Oregon has shown -- there are less likely chances of the Federal goverment stepping in -- when they realize that these are patients and simply trying to get their medicine to the point where they registered and have ALL THEIR info -- where the feds simply can get a list and have an address instantly -- is saying something..

With Obama -- and his words of taking the federal goverment money from state issues -- that shows we need to create some type of petition to modify this law -- we need to allow the patients to recieve their medicine .. SOMEHOW..

Thank you,

Dedicated Patient

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for your info FPLAYER818. Yes, Nevada should see about upgrading their laws. And Nevada patients need to get on petitioning for the changes. Certainly, you should have co-ops/collectives, and even dispensaries.

12. I would love t see Nevada law allow for multiple patients to create co-ops and collectives -- but as for now I don't believe "Dispensaries" are entitlted to be placed in Nevada law -- for close co-op/collectives which are not a buisness-front but an actual collective of patients with maybe a few operations/grow-rooms going for the multiple patients -- it would allow patients to have a reasonable ammount of marijuana - and on a weekly or bi-weekly or monthly whatever basis continue to recieve fresh medicine -- Nevada is also known for it's low humidity -- it is a desert -- so our medicine unless kept properly will simply dry out and/or mold up and essentially become brittle/lose potency(thus medical value) over time -- so, co-op/collectives could help provide patients with a constant stream -- instead of them producing a pound every 3 months -- or 2 or whatever -- they get 4 ounces every twk weeks or whatever -- because that 1 or 2 pounds gets' split up among 4-6 patients every 2 weeks, so each patients batch pulls up every 2 weeks..

Now the law in Nevada doesn't clearly state it isn't ALLOWED -- infact, you can ALMOST have a co-op, the thing is that you can't register ONE individual(or individuals) or have mutliple patients under one house-hold, THUS -- co-op doesn't work.. The law clearly states that we can GIVE our medicine to another patient as long as NO montary value is placed on it and we do not recieve anything in compensation -- So -- ( can essentially produce a crop of my medicine and hand it out to ten patients, in which -- if they want to, those patients can do the same thing..

What we need is the ability to register one household (or patiient/caregiver) with the ability to take care of MULTIPLE patients needs -- thus allowing one person to cultivate medicine for a group -- ESPECIALLY Since most people don't have green thumbs -- the one person that does can be saving time/money/lives of other patients -- Do you realize what agonizing pain some of these patients are in to need Marijuana on a constant level?

If I wasn't taking marijuana and using it in concentrated forms with other relax techniques -- I probally wouldn't be able to use any of the techniques -- I would probally be on fentanol(sp?0 fentanyl patches like my mother is --my mom just found out she has something wrong with her lumbars -- and its' probally hereditary -- as is I am already in major pain from nerve as well as constant muscle spasams -- yet I can do the DAMN SPLITS! I'm 6'6 260 and I can do splits -- yet -- I am in pain all day .. why??? Internal Nerve damage and synaps damage from DRUGS -- almost everything wrong with me has something to do with nerves and or chemical balances inbalances whatever....

Some people need Ritalin -- SOme people need Tegretol -- Some people need Marijuana -- nobody is the same .. why else would they list dire side-effects close to death for a pill to stop asthma.. COME ON.. Because it HAS KILLED PEOPLE.. maybe 1 out of a million..

BUT I AM ONE OUT OF A MILLION DAMNIT! I am NOT GOING TO DIE BECAUSE I AM D(FFRENT!

-- Dedicated Patient for Life

Been free of Perscription pills since I was 13 .. before that I went to a special school for "Mentally challenges" as well as "misbehaved children" -- aka -- the kids that needed to be on drugs -- and most of the time -- they didn't realize why the drugs wouldn't work so they put them in special schools to STUDY them ..

I RODE THE SHORT-BUS! I AM DEAD-SERIOUS..... I road it with people that were truely mentallity disaabled.. I remember having to hold down a disabled kid because he stated to have seizures on the bus -- I remember another time having to help the same kid and his TA(Teachers assistant or whatever) HOLD down the kid beacuse the kid went nuts and wanted to attack/bite everyone on the bus.. I WAS BIT BY A BLIND KID AND STILL HAVE THE DAMN MARK....

Yes.... yes.... yes...

13. Why to you people bitch about $500 in fee's, shit man I would pay $5,000 just to have the right to grow my own pot plants and be able to smoke them. Be thankful that your state even allows mmj patiants to grow and smoke their own weed.

14. #14 bluntmastaj, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    Bitch? that is alot of money i paid it also and how hard it was to even find anything to get to grow was even more difficult when you can't walk in a dispensary and be able to ask for help when you cant even talk about it in Nevada. I believe you should think before you type if you don't know what all we can get in Nevada and how readily available it is.

15. Did anyone realize that out of the $500 dollar fee -- "$150" of it is a "CONSULATION" fee this lady is attempting to make simply to refer you to a doctor?... It is not hard to find a doctor..

I believe there is one over by Red Rock area -- I forgot his name I think it is Bruce something, -- there's of course Dr. James Tinnell (Which is probally her doctor) -- there is the THCF Clinic of Nevada -- among ANY doctor who can recommend it that is under the law a doctor in nevada -- just many doctors either fear prosecution (Which you help them understand) or simply would rather make constant percentage of money for dosing out perscription pills (You know Docs' get "INCENTIVES" from the drug-company for perscribing certain drugs or certain ammounts of it? They get BONUS'S And INCENTIVES as if they are in the SALES DEPARTMENT ... you sell this much zoloft and we'll give you 10G or a ROLEX! That's a great way to recieve our medicine is it not?*

the WHOLE PROCESS FROM STARTING POINT --
    $50 for packet(Ridiculous, but understandable when they send out over 1000 packets and only recieve maybe 10 back, stop wasting paper) maybe we should put the packet online???? Thus they don't have to mail/waste paper????

$???? Doctor visit, usually anywhere from 100-150 for the recommendation -- tho -- if you have co-pay and a reasonable doctor, it would be your co-pay

$150 to the department of Health(No longer agriculuture) to register in the system
    $12 misc. maybe alil' more, for your actual LICENSE from the DMV
    $50 FINGERINTS! YOU MUST GET FINGERPRINTED IN NEVADA! IF YOU DO NOT GET FINGERPRINTED THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT YOU INTO HTE SYSTEM

anywhere from 360-500 -- add consulation fee? up to 650

16. Im sorry sir, I didnt realise it was so so hard to order seeds from a seed bank and grow some weed in your basement.....so sorry dude. Anyways, im not gunna argue about it. Im just stating the simple fact that atleast you have more options then the state I live in and many other states.

17. By the way -- ordering seeds from a seed-bank is a federal crime...

Learn the law..
    Seed Banks arn't in the states? Correct -- so intra-state trafficking is placed when you recieve/send seeds through the mail -- it may even be worse because it is coming from another country -- if you get caught recieving the seeds through the mail which came from somewhere OTHER then that state, instantly because federal -- even if it is *1* seed..

Now -- you do it within the state your in -- aka, ship seeds/bud NOT WITH US postal -- within the same state -- using another service like Fed-Ex etc. then techniqually, it is still part of the state issue (if the stuff doesn't actually leave the state lines)

Laws' pretty crazy, huh?????

18. Ok bro, whatever you say. Keep on bitchin about how your state is so tough on you and see who gives a fuck.

19. That response -- shows how ignorant you are ... Did you read "ANY" of my posts..

Clearly, I said my state is accepting of medical marijuana laws -- I had a case dismissed when they entered my house and my medical garden.. AND took everything..

So -- I believe my state is oh so "TOUGH" ... I said.. the Federal Government would be tough on you -- if you recieved even one seed though from outside your state...

20. I think pretty much any REAL patient in Nevada would give a fuck about this to be honest.

Look you already said you don't live in an MMJ state. You have several choices about that:

1) You can stop complaining and start campaigning for MMJ laws in your state.
    2) You can do nothing can sit there and complain about not being able to be legal and then be jealous over everyone who is.
    3) You can bugger off and not post in the MMJ forums.

Up to you.

Nevada residents, I feel your pain, but it's going to take a LOT of you to try to get those laws changed. I'm sure there's a coalition already set up, you just have to find like-minded people and band together.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.