larvae

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by billgee, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Found larvae on my plants.
    Did not get hip to it until the Larvae became an invasion.
    Treated it one night with NEEM Oil 
    Thought it was enough.
    Wasnt. 
    Found evidence under selected leaves 2 mornings later.
    Killed 2 of 6 plants
    Treated them again focusing on the underside of the leaf.
    Seemed to be gone
    Not
    1 week later checking some wan looking leaves near the bottom of the plant, I found larvae.
    Killed 2 more plants
    Neem oil that night.
    2 types of larvae
    One, the white ones, were the same I had been pursuing had returned.
    the black ones seemed to be new but may not be, maybe I just hadnt seen them.
    2 plants left, younger- 9wks old, seemed to be healthy, dark green leaves, started numerous kolas, no signs of larvae. Nice looking plants. 
    The strain has been very, very good to me.
    But they seem to have stopped growing. 
    Just sitting there.
    In Coco (no soil but not hydro), Canna nutes, 2-400 watt HPS.

2. Azamax and mosquito dunks

3. #3 buddybanana, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    azamax is a neem extract.  It isn't a one shot kills all like some pesticides.  It's and organic.  You need to read the whole label and follow instructions.  That means repeated treatments over several weeks.   You want dead, get a pesticide.  Neem (Azamax) is great, I use it all the time as a preventative. It is stupidly expensive, can you say rip off?   You can also try SM90.  Or Azamax and SM90 as a soil drench added to the water in case the bugs are coming from the soil.   Hand picking if you don't have many plants is the right thing to do for sure.  Possibly get a small quantity of a spreader/sticker as they are called to help distribute what you are spraying.
    Good luck

4. Buy a Pyrethrium bomb. They work great! They are similar to regular house foggers but they won't harm your plants and they're easy and work. I always use them before starting a new grow and I've used them during flower whenever there is a bug infestation. No harm to my plants whatsoever. They cost about $7 but are well worth it. Dr. Doom is a good one.

Check out my grow journal at: Http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1187623-sensi-seeds-super-skunk-coco-grow.html?hl=sensi+seeds+super+skunk