large yields

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DankHerbologist, Feb 4, 2013.

1. it seems like no matter what I do i cannot get an OZ out of one plant by itself. I have harvested like 5 plants so far and NONE of them got close, the biggesy yield on my plant was 20 grams.

I veg for a month, i give them lots of nutes but never burn them, water frequently, lots of light.

im going insane. i can only do this until like July or August and i would like a lot of bud sitting on the shelf by then.

What do you guys do/use to get your chunky ass nugs?

2. Longer veg and lst the heck out of them

3. WEll they veg for a month, which is kind of long. i cant veg them any longer then that anyways, they get too big for my veg cab.

ive done LST a couple times, that is when i got 20 grams.

4. What kind of light, soil, and size pot are you using?

5. 180w Black Star LED Flowering panel
    240w 3w LED chip flowering panel
    Kessil H150 Magenta flowering panel
    Kessil H150 Purple full spectrum ( for veg only )

FFOF for everything and I am in 1gallon smart pots for veg ( using a full spectrum kessil for veg ) and 3 gallon smart pots for flowering

6. I'd say its the LEDs. You know they need to flower a lot longer with led. Are you pulling when the trics are amber or by the recommended flowering time from the breeder pack? I use a 1000 watt hid to get really nice harvests. You might want to invest in a 400 hid to put in there with the LEDs.

7. I never noticed any sort of prolonged flowering due to LED's.

8. Can't really say what is wrong with your plants. I have no personal experience with LED lighting but I do know that they do respond very well to HID lighting. Adequate lighting for your space, proper grow conditions and the right genetics are the most important pieces of the puzzle. Instead of going to a 3 gallon pot, try transplanting to a 5 gallon pot.

9. I'm in a tent that's 5 feet tall and 4 ft wide and 2 ft deep. So I would go 5 gallon but I don't have the room unfortunately. Also with the 3 diff LEDs in there already, there is no room for a HPS.

I'm not against Hps lighting, I just went the led route.

10. well your buds will suffer if you can't sacrifice the 6 inches in height. you will be stuck with smaller plants. I would only use 3 gallons with a clone, sog style grow; that being said they would only veg 7-10 days before lights are being turned.

11. I agree that the bigger pot is always better. But ive read so many grows of people pullin an oz off 3 gallon or less. Plus from what I can tell none of my plants have been root bound

12. Agree times a thousand.
    i just yeilded 50 from one plant that wasnt LSTd but it was in veg for 45 days.

A long veg and lst and regular topping will increase your yield:D.

13. Maybe you're just not cut out for growing.

14. #14 Buffalo11024, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    with the right genetics it is possible. I prefer to grow adding minimal nutrients. It is from my experience that a 3 gallon pot worth of soil only lasts about a month on its own. you will have much more stress using a 3 gallon but if you must use 3 gallon pots look into air pots as they prevent plants from becoming root bound and force them to branch out into the soil.

15. #15 Buffalo11024, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    I just yielded 4 oz off my nyc diesel. 4 week veg/preflower, 10 weeks flowering. bigger pots, optimal conditions and good genetics

16. the potency of my herbs says otherwise.

Buffalo, I'm considering the 5 gallon. It was already kind of expensive getting all the 3 gallon smart pots though.

It's been a while since my last attempt at LST, I am going to give it a try since I have 6 clones vegging. Also, I noticed one of the clones I just picked up has already been topped, so that one will for sure be getting LST'd.

Just harvested 10 grams off a plant that I nearly killed at the beginning of flowering from a sulfurous burn, fucking powder mildew breached my chambers at one point.