Large scale grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by makelelecfc, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Hi there, I am not a person with much experience with growing weed, I do however, have a chunk of savings I am looking to invest with ie start growing a decent amount of bud. Of course I will have a buddy who knows about growing to keep things going smoothly.

I would really appreciate someone telling me a few things so I know what costs I'm looking at. how big a space do i need to put out 4kg per harvest? How far apart should plants be spaced? how many fans, lights etc will i need for this space?

If someone could reply with what their fantasy grow room would look like that would be great.

I know, I'm a fuckin noob but...I do have cash and I guess i can only start by asking questions.

2. Well the best way to start as a noob is to be silent and read all the good information available around GC in all sorts of tutorials. And then read them again!

Money doesn't buy you everything, and certainly not experience. I can tell you now that if you wanted 4000 g per harvest that you would want at least 4000W of power. Because good growers usually pull about 1 gram per watt, and that is after they dial in conditions for that particular strain.

Unless you are hiring someone to do your grow FOR you, then you might want to scale back your expectations, because there would be a lot of work to set up and maintain such a large grow op for a beginner. You weren't born with the ability to sprint, don't try to run before you walk with growing either.

3. The stupidest thing to do as a noob is to start out big!!! My suggestion is to start with a 600w HID + adjust a wing reflector (aprox 300$ with a bulb) for blooming and some CFL for propagation. Once you start harvesting at least a pound of weed then you can go for more!

4. If you are doing a large scale grow room, it is important to have durable, impenetrable enclosure around it.  I would probably suggest starting with a vinyl curtain enclosure to contain the area.  AmCraft Manufacturing can help you out with this... I would say to go to the website www.amcraftindustrialcurtainwall.com to get in touch with someone to help you out.