Large rotating platform for indoor grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cthulhu23, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Heya folks!

Wondering if anyone has come up with a solution so I don’t have to recreate the wheel.

I’m growing in a 4x4x8 tent, soil in 20# pots but would eventually like to move up to a large 100# bed. I SCROG and have found it to be fairly difficult to get at the back side of my plants for maintenance (tired of being a contortionist while laying on the floor of my tent!).

I see a lot of dollies for single pots but would like to have something larger (with like a 3 foot diameter platform) that I could rotate - have my scrog essentially attached to the platform rather than the tent frame - so I can access the entirety of my grow. Rotate the dolly 180 degrees and the “back” of the grow is accessible - voila!

Anyone know of anything like this? Happy to do a little building if that’s needed. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. sure simple solution.
    Get a watering system . SO you attach it to every plant and it will water every plant evenly .
    To trim them work on them sorry . Pick up a plant work on it move it out of the room continue .
    Its possible to get a 4/8 or 2 boards on some wheels and spin the turn table .

3. Kinda hard to pull a plant out if it’s in a SCROG, thus my original question!

4. #4 HazeyHippy, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    IMG_2473.JPG
    I have big furniture sliding pads on the bottom of the plywood frame they’re sitting on. Rotated pretty easily.
    I rotate my plants a quarter turn every other day.

Here’s a link to how I built them.

DIY Single Plant Scrog Frame

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thank you! More in line with what I was thinking. How do you think furniture pads would do with a 100# bed? I’m thinking that may be too heavy for the pad to rotate well...

6. #6 HazeyHippy, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    I would use pads way bigger than what I used for these frames. They sell ones that are 4” in diameter. If you put 4 or 5 of those on the bottom you won’t have a problem, that’s what they’re made for.
    But for reference, the way I built mine I was able to have someone stand on the frame and still be able to spin.
    If that still worries you, you could purchase individual caster wheels and attach them to the bottom of the plywood.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That should be in the Modern Art Museum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. You could lay down a piece of plywood or something then screw bolt down caster wheels in a circular pattern with the wheels facing up. Then cut a circular piece of plywood that would fit on top of the caster wheels. Then maybe bolt it in the very center axis to make it more stable. Sort of like a giant lazy susan haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. This is essentially what I'll end up doing. There are industrial-grade lazy susan bearings that are damned expensive, but would be perfect for what I want. The caster wheels are the next best thing - I just don't like casters for simple rotation as sometimes they can get stuck in a position.

Maybe once I get this built I'll repost in here to see what folks think. Thanks for the advice, all!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. You could make a turntable with a pocket the depth of a piece of plywood and golf balls so it will keep the balls contained and allow the top to spin.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Oh that’s a clever idea too! I like it more

12. Trick will be getting it level so all the balls dont roll to one side.

13. In the Netherlands, they just put them on conveyor belts, and the grower sits in a chair and tends plants as they pass by.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah, this is for a 4x4 grow tent! No way I can get a conveyor belt in there! :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. I built one of these about 5 years ago. Plywood and lazy suzan bearings. Made a motorized system out of a fan motor and k'nex kid's toys. It is retired these days but worked great for watering and any light anywhere in the tent hit every part of every plant equally. 20200411_201916.jpg Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  16. That’s awesome! Thanks for the idea and advice!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. You are welcome. Works great. Looks awesome. Have fun Cthulhu!