large grow room need some advice

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bushy'sKusH, Aug 11, 2009.

1. high there doods,

so right to the point, i have a large growroom, 15x20 to be exact, ten foot cielings and all the money i'll need for equipment, just wondering, with this room divided into veg(10x5) and flower(15x15) rooms, i was just wondering what setup would be bette for that sized grow? im going to start out with

10x pineapple express
    5x himilayan gold
    5x arjan's haze, and ultra haze #1
    5x trainwreck
    and 5 x k-train

all seeds except the pineapple are from greenhouse.

the plan is to take two of each strain and make them mothers and flower the rest as the clones are getting nice, im going to try and get as much out of this as i can in the next year and a half, i am open to all ideas, or thoughts on the matter and would greatly appretiate any input on lighting, nutrients, etc... thank you to all:smoke:

2. nothin'????? bump what hydro setup is simplest without soil use? ebb and flow or dwc?

3. VERY general, your better off focusing on one question at a time, that way you will get more input and detailed information.

4. If you're asking what you should use for such a large space, you shouldn't be trying such a large grow imo.

You'd prob be better off going ebb/flow or a RDWC. 15x15 ft flower room is 225sqft, you're talking 11,250 watts to properly flower that room (50w/sqft).

There's a LOT you need to think about here, odor control, ventilation, cooling (at least 18k btu). Not to mention your electric usage. That is unless this is all a medical setup... then you may want to consider going organic instead of chemical hydro.

Best of luck, you've asked a BROAD question.

5. i would back your flower space down to 12'x12' and use 9 x 1000w HPS. Adjust veg room to 4'x12' with 3 x 1000w MH. All on quick adjust hangers. Air cooled-sealed hoods with about 200cfm's EACH cooling them. Add a 12000 btu airconditioner for temps in flower room. Veg MH's are not quite so bad as HPS(5000 btu plenty here). Dont forget to build you a "cloning" closet. In a basement you will probably need a dehumidifier too. A very large carbon filter with at least a 8" fan for exhuast. As my cousin whos been growing for 30+ years said- Go soil- water weed is still water weed, refering to hydro. FoxFarm Ocean Forest is a quality product. a $10 bag makes 2x 5 gallon pots. I add a little perlite to lighten soil up just a little for better aireation and water retention. Soil is work, but id rather play with dirt than do dishes-cleaning/scrubbing trays.

Keep your recipes for feed simple . I like EarthJuice 3 part. Good recipes at 3lbs.com Add a little FF flower booster(open sesame,beastie bloomz,& cha-ching) with a little Humboldte Honey during flush. Sweet, hard nugs. Water ? i bubble mine using a air pump for fish tank with 2 10"air stones in 2 x 18 gallon tubs for at least a day before giving to plants . This purges chlorine,arsenic,flouride and all the other good things the city puts in our drinking water. 16 plants 3' tall are drinking about 30 gallons every 3 days. If your in Nor Cal, Pm me, i can help with design and construction. A "friend" has a beautiful 16x 1000w set up going. His PG&E bill is about $5000 a month. lol, they dont care as long as the bill is paid on time.

Realistically, with 12 thousands going , perpetual grow, flower,veg,clones, - you should be able to pull down about 6 lbs every 2 months. People say a lb per 1000, but a 1/2 is more realistic.