Laptop In The Growroom

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Some Bloke, Aug 16, 2014.

1. I've been looking online for ages now and I couldn't find anything. I was worndering if anyone knows if it's safe to permanently keep a laptop turned on in the cupboard where you grow?

2. The laptop will add extra heat into the cupboard since it will always be ON. That's bad for both, the plant and the laptop.

3. Lol just buy a 15$ chepo webcam, I couldnt think of any other reason to need a pc in ur grow area

4. Quickly google problems? Lol

5. Wtf?

Sent from my V3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I should've said before, I don't intend to put a laptop in there. I was just wondering.

Grow in an open room whenever possible.

8. That's sort of a strange thing to wonder if you never had any intention of doing it.

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos

9. With so many people using things like webcams to make those funky time lapse videos you see on youtube, it made me wonder if laptops were good or bad to have in your grow area.  I checked in all the grow guides I could find and none of them mention it. So I thought I'd ask. Pure curiosity.

10. If your temps are ok and you can cover up all the lights on it then you should ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Alright I see where you're coming from now.

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos

12. Check the humidity of the room first, over time I bet that would fry the electrics as the fan on the laptop sucks in "fresh" air to cool them down.