Laptop for college

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by BakedInChitown, Jul 19, 2012.

1. So ive been looking for a while for a laptop for college. I need some pretty decent specs for engineering. I want to get a good warranty with it. I could get a 15 inch easily but ive been trying to get a 14 inch for portability. Ive created a few and im looking for help. which of the following would you get or do you have others to suggest. important note, the hp is actually $100 less and i can get an xbox which i would just turn around and sell. And the lenovo is $989.

Attached Files:

2. If its not a macbook, i usually advise going for MSI brand notebooks. Very nice systems they put together, anywhere from 800-1800. I'm sure there are other nice brands too but MSI is the only windows laptop i would buy.

3. The new macbook pro is fuckin baller bro

4. do you mean solidworks? a former roommate of mine has his desktop to do that, and it was pretty high end

EDIT: and macbooks are a no go for engineering for anyone who considers it, imo

5. #5 Stat, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    I'm sorry but fuck a mac unless you have money to blow. I've never had any problems with the Toshiba Satellite's and they're reasonably priced. Dell and HP are also very good.