lanky ass sativa, ideas?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Panda85, Sep 19, 2012.

1. i was growing a few c99 plants a while back, 1 turned out quite bushy, very strong grapefruit smell and taste. the other that i had, had a fruit punch smell and very awesome taste but it grew very lanky, stretched out and weak. i killed off the grapefruit pheno and kept the fruit punch.

in soil the plant didnt yield much at all, so i went to dwc. after the switch to dwc i realized i dont have many options on how to give the branches support and was running into major issues with it drooping down at about week 4 of flower. while in soil using tomato cages worked pretty well. since it was such a pain in the ass trying to tie up each branch i quit growing it but kept a mother in case i came up with an idea to either strengthen it, or support the branches by other means.

the plant stretches wayy too much and havent come across another pheno that smells and tastes like this one does but i want more of it lol.

ive tried throwing fans on them to strengthen branches...doesnt help much. also tried a scrog and that didnt work too well because of the rapid stretching in flower. the plant would end up 3x-5x taller from beginning to end of flower. ive also tried topping it and fim at the beginning of flower, helped slightly but still droopy as hell.

any ideas on what i can try with it? id love to grow more but it takes up a tons of room, has to be flowered after about 2-3 weeks of veg from clone (about 1ft) and averages about 2-3oz per plant.