Landlord Told Us Today His House Is Being Forclosed.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ogkushfromthewestcoast, Jul 3, 2014.

1. So my landlord came by today and told us the house was most likely forclosing cause for whatever reason he can't pay for it anymore. So now I'm stuck with like $350 and no clue how long I have to find a new place we don't make a lot of money so for this to be dropped on us so suddenly is really hard. Any idea what we can realistically do.

Sent from my Z992 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Not trying to sound like a dick but, get a job.

3. Watch all episodes of Man Vs. Wild.  Bear Grylls will show you the way.

4. I would find a roommate situation. I hope to god you don't have a family to care for

5. and then theres the other thing normal people do all the time, move.

6. Will there not be deposits returned to you? :smoke:

7. This happened to me but a little differently....

So the landlord told us what he told you but instead of foreclosing it was short sale. Instead of $350 I had $120k saved up.

So instead of moving out I decide and try to purchase the house which I did always want to buy.

17 months later (now) me and the bank keep going back and forth so I decided not to buy it and I am now buying another home.

I have still lived here this whole time and so has the landlord and I did still pay rent.

Ask for home to write you up a year or two lease with a cheaper rent if possible. I don't think the bank or state can kick you out until that runs out. If not try to get a roommate or stay at families house until you save up.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. I don't have a family to care for thank god lol no its just me and my girlfriend trying to make it through college. I've been looking for a job for a long time new York sucks for jobs I've been looking absolutely everywhere I think I have a shot at this store I applied to. I spoke to my mom who lives down stairs with my autistic brother and I think were all going to find a nice trailer together until we can get back to normal

Sent from my Z992 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. good luck man

10. this all the way! ask all the time about this and be a pest because tats the ticket for your move. save money and use a friend/family members truck/van/suv to assist your move.

11. you could always squat there for awhile if the house youre buying will be closing soon enough

12. #12 aToker, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
    When my house got foreclosed I made up a bunch of lies and got the time extended like 3 months.

13. Tell him to stop blowing the money you pay for rent each month and pay the mortgage

14. Even if the bank is foreclosing they cannot evict you so long as your rent is paid on time per the lease agreement.  If the lease has converted to month to month they still have to give you a proper 30 day notice before you can be forced to move.

15. good info. are you aware if thats federal law or state specific?

16. There are no federal laws covering housing, however, state laws are usually pretty much interchangeable.  If you google your state's Fair Housing Board you'll find all sorts of good info to learn as a tenant.

Source: Worked for Property Management company in California for over 2 years