Landlord Emergency... Part II

Discussion in 'General' started by BKKG, Apr 9, 2009.

1. #1 BKKG, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
    I'll bitch about the situation more fully in the real life stories section, but I'm posting this here because I need advice more than support right now.

My plants are in their sixth week of flowering (I'm growing Apollo-11 under a 400 watt HPS light). The pistils have just started to turn red, and the trichomes have just started coming in heavily. I was planning on another week or two of flowering before the harvest.

But, my landlord has made two appointments to show my apartment on Saturday (my lease is up in about six weeks). I wasn't planning on anyone seeing my place until the start of May, because it's illegal for a landlord to show a place here without consent more than a month before the lease expires.

Ordinarily, I would just say no and not let her show the place. But she's already made the appointments, and if I refuse she'll give me a terrible reference (which I need to get a new place). The reference would probably be bad enough to prevent me from getting another apartment- she's a pretty unpleasant woman.

So, I need advice: What should I do about the plants? I could harvest early and move them into tupperware and put them in my storage space until the landlord's gone, then dry them normally. This is definitely the safest option, because there wouldn't be anything to smell.

Or I could put the plants into double-layered garbage bags (to block light and possibly smell) and place them into the storage space until the landlord's gone, then move them back up to the grow box to finish their flowering period. I'd dismantle the grow box and move it so that she wouldn't be able to tell that it's anything suspicious before she gets here. I don't know how much the garbage bags would do to hide the smell, so I'm not sure how safe an option this is. My light period is at night, so I wouldn't have to worry about screwing up light times.

I don't dare leave the plants in the apartment itself, because the smell, while not obviously skunky to someone unfamiliar with pot, is pretty strong and hard to cover. If she notices, I'd be in big trouble- homeless and potentially in trouble with the police.

So what do you all think that I should do? Harvest the plants very early or try to hide them in my basement storage space?

2. if its possible, hide them

that really sucks though man:(

3. maybe a buddy who would let u transfer them to his home momentarily?

4. fuck, that is my biggest fear coming true for you. Im sorry dude :(

5. Try to hide it I guess, reserve early harvest as the worst case scenario

6. Put them in your trunk or something during the dark cycle...or find somewhere to hide them. Good luck though, I hope it all works out. Im going to be in a similar situation next year and hope that doesn't happen.:eek:

7. Yeah same here man. I'd say if you got a van or something to move them in, put them in the storage place, a few extra hours of darkness wont hurt too much. Otherwise, start flushing out that soil so they'll ripen up as much as possible for the early pluck. Sorry to hear about that though bro. Good luck man

8. like i said in your other post, ask your friend if its ok to store them there for a few hours, and promise a % of your harvest, i know id be cool with it

9. like everyone has an extra van handy^ hahahahahah

man that blows. I am assuming that's why my brother doesn't grow anymore(rental house).

10. I'd suggest either moving them to a different location (friends house... etc.), hide them somewhere, anywhere, as long as nobody would find them. Or harvest early. Really your only 3 options

11. OK, it's taken care of. I'll be stashing them at my girlfriend's place when the landlord comes through on Saturday. Thanks for the advice and support everyone, now my plants can flower all the way!