Lala's next attempt (Bagseed, CFL, organc, LST, ScRog if 2 or all 3 are fems))

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by lalamann, Sep 20, 2012.

1. #1 lalamann, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
    Ok, planted 3 germinated bagseeds about 30 hours ago, they are all above the surface, and at this exact moment working to unfold thier cotyledons, ill take pics when there is something worth takings pics of lol

on a seperate note...
    I recently purchased a bag of "white Rhino" from a friend who claimed he recruited one of HIS friends to grow it for him. I believe him as he showed me the Invoice From Nirvana lol. best shit ive smoked in a long time, possibly the best shit ive ever had, the stoniest most intense couch lock i have experienced thus far.

Simply put, i now know what strain i shall be growing whenever i finally decide to order some real genetics (from a company that will deliver here, not just take your money then send an apologetic email saying they dont deliver to my area, and that it was my responsibility to me informed of this and no refund will be given [Dinafem])

I WILL be LST'ing the absolute SHIT out of the babies this time, gonna bump up to 330 watts, and hopefully scrog out more than 2 mail colas this time.

basically...this time i have a plan and am doing less improvising lol, and definately not doing any super cropping during flowering, im pretty sure that is where i fucked myself over last grow

2. #2 lalamann, Sep 20, 2012
    another note...again.

i really dont see how some of you guys are having trouble germing seeds, i mean i used seeds this time that were found in the bottom of a cigg pack that was under my recliner for god knows how long, in the humidity, not sealed up

Yet, like every other cannabis seeds ive germed, they have ALL popped withing 24 hours, some people tell me it can take up to 4-5 days, but im just saying its never happened that way to me, ive never had a mature seed NOT germ, and never had one take more than a lil over 24 hours

all i do is quad fold a paper towel so there are 8 layers, i moisten the paper towel, and the use forceps to slide the seeds into the center of the towel. i then put it in an old Lunch meat tuperware container and pop it on the back of my pc above the PSU for warmth.

Im actually having a troubleing time making a decision this time, i put in 9 seeds total in the end i believe, i took the first 3 to pop a taproot, now i have 6 others, ALL with like half inch long tap roots that are all now going to die because my success rate is too high

basically if you have tried different ways to germ seeds, and your not having luck, there are two options

1: Your seeds were shit, or weak
    2: you have a brown thumb (i honestly believe some people are like this, i can make anything grow how i want it in some pretty shitty conditions [see last grow lol]
    and yet my brother can do EVERYTHING by the book, take perfect care, monitor Ph, check water PPM and ALL that] and he has yet to have a plant go longer than a month before dying, yet me, doing almost nothing but adding water to amended soil, can grow a beautiful plant without the slightest wilt or brown spot) hell i never even use the Ph meter or ECC meter, only when i notice a problem (i think most people's problems derive from this) basically you do NOT need to keep a constant feeding regiment or it will occasionally cause problems, this is what my brother tries to do, all you really* need to do is pay attention, listen to the plant, that's it, it WILL tell you what is wrong, and if you know what it's telling you, you WILL know what to do and when to do it, nothing happens in nature on an absolute schedule, to assume the scheduled growth of a plant is best, is a bit Naive imho.

idk, i just read an old thread about a guy who claimed to be doing every thing right, and had gone through 10+ Femmed, purchased seeds, before he got a single to germ, and i couldnt help but laugh at his misfortune

3. ORder from Attitude Seed Bank...google. Easy easy. Once your place your order takes about 10 days to 14 days to get it. Have ordered over a dozen times not a single issue. The vast majority of us order off that website on here just about.

4. On germination to say someone is stupid because it does not germinate is not correct. Some seeds simply do not germinate. A Cannabis plant makes anywhere from a hundred to over a thousand seeds. Its a numbers game, and some simply do not germinate.

The quality of the breeder has much to do with that. With Bag Seed being on the bottom of the list in terms of germination.

5. #5 lalamann, Sep 20, 2012
    when did i say anyone was stupid? im curious.

and please, you cant tell me the vast majority of people that try to, and think they can grow, are not fucking morons

(i know you have had this experience, most growers have, someone wants to show you his plants, does nothing but talk about how great they are doing, talk about how big they are, blah blah blah, and when you show up, they are thin gangly massively stretched out sick and dying, under either a single 4 foot t12 office fixture (most common ive seen) or a coupe halogen fog lights, and when you try to help them they infor you that you are wrong, and you dont know what your doing. the most common thing i hear is "man, those curly lights dont do shit, i tried one of em" and usually the one they show me are a SINGLE 9 water that sais great value (walmart brand lol)

all i know, is ive ONLY used bagseed, and since, by your word, that is at the BOTTOM of the list for seed success, it drives my insenuation home even more...

again, never said anyone was stupid, just that some people (my brother included) have what i like to call brown thumbs, he is by no means stupid, he just takes a far too analytical point of view when it comes to keeping anything living, plant or animal, in his care

may be just a coincidence, but i DID have ONE ordea where i couldnt get anything to germinate, and that would be my VERY first grow, where i constantly checked on them, i firmly believe the people that obsessivily check on their seeds/clones, and try to improve their growing *rapidly* are doomed to fail, and when your doomed to fail, you wont carry on, and when you dont carry on with something you know you want to do (no matter what it is) you lose money to someone else

but thanks for using the word stupid and bringing it to my attention, because i will also say this....

99% of marijuana growers dont even deserve to call themselves growers (hell, i can barely call myself a grower) And areraging fucking morons (but then again you can say that about the entire human population)

90% of the remaining ONE percent, are the helpful people on GC, 9% of that one percent are the dumbasses on grasscity.

and the remaining one percent of the one percent of growers, are the ones like me, who only half assed know what they are doing, but are intelligent enough the adequately make jokes at the others expense while trying to over exaggerate the current situations in rants, of which very few people take the time to read fully. Which is exactly why im making THIS comment about your comment about my comment, of which i know you didnt fully read, and if you did, didnt fully understand, as i wasnt even INSINUATING anyone was stupid, just that too many people bind to guidelines as fact, when in fact, they are just GUIDELINES

edit: shit, i just realised i need a girlfriend, i got too much time on my hands

6. Sorry misread on the stupid part you said seeds were shit lol.

As for the vast majority that was in reference to ordering from Attitude Seed Bank.

Also growing is pretty easy well really easy.

7. lol, growing a plant is one of the easiest things i can think of, in a nutshell i was saying the ones that overthink the challenge of growing MJ, are the ones doomed to fail

also those that start with shit seeds lol

8. Agreed.

9. so....any experience with white rhino rhapsody? should i have any problems flowering it out in a small setup? ive had some "supposed" white rhino before, but they were outdoors, un topped, un lst'd, and were stolen a couple weeks into flower (im guessing by the guy that gave me the seeds, as hes the only one that knew where they were)

10. That sucks it got stolen! I would be very pissed.

Never grew White Rhino but the Greenhouse Seeds Video looks impressive.

White Rhino (Feminised) by Green House Seed Company Amsterdam

Click on the grow sessions.

11. lol, ghs always has their own versions of strains that are very dissimilar to other seed companys strains by the same name

Trainwreck for example, every pheno ive seen online or in person has had super tiny calyxes, just insanely dense clusters of them, yet in the trainwreck strain video from GHS hes like "oh look at these fat clayxes, never seen them this fat, our trainwreck has the fatest calyxes you can find anywhere

my response was -_-

thanks for thew vid though, interesting watch, seems like white rhino, no matter where its from, has some highly prized super potent nugs, and a LOT of em lol

12. #12 lalamann, Sep 20, 2012
    here some photos of my last grow for those just tuning in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

unfortunately it was harvested at 6 weeks 12/12, 4 weeks flowering do to concern of heavy seed production, as it hermied early thanks to my dumbass not lst'ing enough and being forced to supercrop 4 weeks into 12/12, heres some pics of the super cropping that brought me down
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i was so pissed, this pheno had pink hairs >:|
    [​IMG]

13. I know about GH but I still like watching there grow sessions videos and Strain hunters. Very good watching when your smoking.

I mostly grow DNA Genetics, Reserva Privada, and Paradise Seeds. My main 3 I like. I just started growing Dutch Passion as well.

14. Heyy man, though id sub in here to this one now, and thought id put my 2 sense in, for starters, definitely order from Attitude seeds man, i have ordered from them 5 times now and never not had my package come. its always discreet and no seeds are ever broken, amazing genetics/breeders selection (biggest online im pretty sure) and also they give femmed. freebies away when you buy seeds :) just check it out, i def reccomend them as well!

on another note, GHS is not the best seed company, i have had ample times where i order seeds from them and have them bee diseased, or very weak phenos as well as alot dont even germ properly, i personally think its cause they colour code their seeds for inventory. that paint shit even though water soluble, i think fucks with the germ process.... dont get me wrong i lovee Arjan, but ive just had baddd exp with their products :( i agree with RHAP... DNA is good, World Of Seeds, TGA Subcool, CH9, Barneys Farm and a few others that are really good. but take a gander at all the delcious strains and see for yourself what you want and from whom :)

15. thanks man, Yea dinafem cleared the money from my account, THEN informed me they dont deliver to my area, and because it was an international transaction, and my attempt to purchase something illegal, im guessing they KNEW i would/could do nothing about it.

16. Attitude Seed Bank man Attitude. They ship anywhere and dont give a shit. Comes in a nice padded envelope that says gifts on the customs label outside.

Takes about 10-15 days to get. Every month they have a promotion and about 50-60% of the time you get a equal amount of freebies from them along with your order. Sometimes you get a equal amount. I have enough freebies that I could grow 30-35 plants I think.

17. intake fan went out, sprouts got hot, 2 left, still looking good, ill take pics tomorrow.

it seemed to do one thing only because it didnt get TOO hot.....it left me with what were probably the 2 strongest seedlings. neither seemed to be touched by the warmth, while the others just kinda turned into, idk, looks like a dried sidewalk worm after a rainstorm and the sun came out lol

18. Something weird i noticed, you guys know how when the cotyledons open up into the light there are USUALLY 2 super tiny serrated tru leaves already just barely starting?

well one of my 2 remaining seedlings was like that, and the other (same strain im guessing) started with 2 open cotyledons, nothing else, and it opened up 24 hours ago, and i am just NOW seeing t almost un imaginably small true leaves starting.

Just thought it was weird one didnt start with tiny true leaves, but had to grow them after opening up lol

ill have pics soon as my lazy ass brother wakes up

19. Not to strange. There all different

20. DAY ONE 24/0

Group Shot
    [​IMG]
    Seedling One
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seedling Two
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]