La Diva AutoFlower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pocahontas, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Here is a pic of my first grow! I'm having fun. The yellow spots are from water dissolving off the leaves and heat. 400w HPS, Organics Soil, 24/0 cycle, Day 25, when is a good time to give nutes? :D

Attached Files:

2. Interesting...water focusing the light causing bleaching? Never thought of that before. You're doing awesome man! Are any of the bottom leaves yellowing yet? That's a sure sign that it's getting hungry. You can probably start slowing introducing fertilizer at this size, but don't overdo it yet. It still looks like it's getting plenty of nutrients from the soil. What are you going to feed with?

3. Thanks for the compliments! I'm not sure what nutrients I'm going to feed it, yet. I noticed early on how the water was bleaching the leaves, and the temp stays around 85 F. I didn't know that the bottom leaves will start to yellow when the soil becomes ineffective. That is good to know.

4. It's the first sign I always see. It means that the nitrogen has been used up, and it's time for more. Other deficiencies can show first, but for me it's always been nitrogen. That's when I start feeding.

5. Do you use a pH meter? I have a soil tester. Meters that test the run off and such seem expensive.

6. Plant is looking great. I got a free La Diva from Attitude so that is what i'm going to try for my first grow. Subscribing to this thread, looking forward to seeing how yours will turn out.

7. Same here! I got some Big Budda Cheese from Attitude and 5 freebies. La Diva seemed like a good choice for first try. I got a complete grow kit from HTS.

8. Yours looks very good. My "La Diva" dwarfed on me and stayed about 7-8 inches its entire life... I have some pics of how it looks.. it's budding right now n smells veryyyyyyy fruity... delicious!!

Yours looks to be growing very well.. good luck!

Check it out

[​IMG]

9. Interesting, I haven't come across this issue before. Dwarfing. I thought my plant might have been on the short side. Now I change my mind. :bongin: The buds on yours look tasty! How old is your plant?

10. You might wanna cut back on the nitrogen and up the phosphourus. Are you adding any mollasses yet?

11. I actually used a little kit that took a soil sample and some powder and water and turned a certain color that I had to compare, kinda like old fashioned litmus paper. It was surprisingly helpful, but there are certainly better products.

12. So here is La Diva, week 4, Day 29, I haven't fed her any nutes, using Roots Organic Soil, its pretty good stuff.

Attached Files:

13. I haven't added any nutrients. I read that this strain is sensitive to nutrients. (blueberry/diavolo cross strain) So I decided to wait until I see physical signs, like yellowing of the bottom leaves. You know where a link to using molasses is? I keep just finding bits of info.

14. Looking great. I'm surprised at how much added growth there has been in 4 days. My seeds should be here by saturday, they are less than 100 miles away.

Do you plan on keeping the light cycle at 24/0 the whole grow? I remember reading that for autoflowers it doesn't matter.

15. Your right, it doesn't matter. I read somewhere that during the flowering stage, its best to let them rest. So now I have the light cycle at 20/4. I'm excited that it has not died. Its my first plant. Well I guess since I can grow veggies (I'm a vegetarian) this isn't as hard as I thought. Also I read that this particular strain is a 45 day or so cycle, that means at the end of the month it should reach somewhere around maturity. I'm actually growing 2 beans called "Big Budda Cheese" under my snake's cfl light, haha, the 400 w hps is way to strong.

16. Another Update: We got flowers!

Attached Files:

17. Hooray! How many days in is it? I'm no expert but that plant looks extremely healthy and happy. I got my seeds on the third, planted la diva in soil same day and it sprouted yesterday (7th). I been taking pics, just haven't started my journal yet.

18. Tomorrow is week 5, today is day 35. I'm getting excited now, good thing I live out in the country cause the smell is like, DAMN! Smells skunky. :p

19. It just started flowering? My Fast Bud autos started flowering today, day 17 :S

20. It started flowering on day 29. This is my first try. You got pics??