L O S T

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by herbstheword, Apr 7, 2002.

1. I have smoked marijuana for the past 3 years. Before I ever smoked people told me that marijuana was an evil drug that causes people's lives to head in the wrong direction. At the age of 15 I was very suicidal and one day I decided to do something about it and ended up in the hospital for 4 days. About a half year after that I tried marijuana and came to the surprising discovery that it was a magical thing that took my depression away and made me start to enjoy life once again. Marijuana opened up my mind and made me realize that the world is a beautiful place and that life really is worth living. Now I am 19 years old and for some reason I feel guilty about smoking weed because sometimes it makes me lazy and my twin sister told me that I use marijuana as a "crutch", to be happy in life and therefore my happiness is not genuine. Should I listen to what people say and try to stop using marijuana at the risk of me being depressed and anxious, or should I just continue to smoke because it really does open my mind and make me happy? Please give me your input.

2. It is your life you do what you want, don't sponge of what other people think because it don't matter what I think or anyone else because at the end of the day you know your self better then all of us. ;)

Peace
    Mickey.T

3. Very GOOD advice from Mickey T, only you can decide how to live your life(and prevent forest fires.....sorry, couldn't control myself LOL)
    If "crutches" did not serve a useful purpose, they would not exist!! Herb has MANY medicinal uses and if it helps you with your depression, then WONDERFUL!!!!!! It certainally has fewer side effects than the legally prescribed drugs like Prozac, or Paxil!!!!! If you feel guilty about feeling "lazy" at times,try to avoid Token' when you really need to accomplish something!!
    In my humble opinion, "false happiness" beats genuine DEPRESSION any freakin' day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hippie: :smoking:

4. Thanks for the input. ;)

I have decided that I am going to smoke :smoke: in moderation so I can do well in school and save money. Then during the summer when I'll just be working I will smoke :smoking: more.

:wave:

These smilies are fun!

:D

5. herbstheword you are in the same situation as me im amazed, not the sucide thing but i'm 16 and got a twin brother doesnt smoke who says pot is bad and makes you depresed afterwards which i know isnt true but it makes me feel like shit cause i think im doing something wrong