Kuura's Art

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by kuuura, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Nice man thanks for the reply : D

+rep for my fav thread

2. I FINISHED IT OH MY GOSHH
    [​IMG]

3. amazingly grotesquely beautiful.

4. thanks so much :D
    I even did all the little grass pieces. gosh it took forever...
    wish that all my details could show, but I couldn't take a better pic.
    :{

5. That's amazing :O is that your 4x6 peice?

6. yeah but it turns out its 4'x3' or whatever.
    I think.
    not sure. haven't measured, had to pack it pretty much right after I uploaded the pic.

I'm happy you guys like it. It took forever man

7. sketch. trying to sharpen my realism skills

[​IMG]

8. Dude you should start a line of t shirts. Srs.

9. I would if I thought they'd take off. I never end up getting any buyers for anything, although I get lots of positive feedback :<

[​IMG]

10. trying to get a gallery to take me. hopefully meeting next week. wish me luck!

11. Good luck! In the event that you don't get a place in the gallery, there is always the option of renting out a gallery spacing and self-curating, showing, promoting, advertising, etc.

12. yes, but renting space would..er cost money. that of which I definitely do not have.

thanks for the well-wishes you guys!

13. I'm hosting a contest. Thought y'all would be interested

[​IMG]

14. Yeah money is always an issue unfortunately :( I liked your facebook page, the contest thing is a great idea ;)

15. [​IMG]
    New piece. Sortof struggling to make new work. I've also been really stressed, and pretty low on weed.

I can't wait till Mass gets off its Ass and legalizes MM at least. My anxiety cannot be cured by really anything else.
    -__-

16. [​IMG]
    trying to get this mounted on wood so it stands off of the wall in a triangular shape.

got turned down by ANOTHER gallery. gosh, the freaking joys of being an artist. ^__^!@!!!1!11

17. [​IMG]
    A WIP I'm working on. I really like it so far!
    In other news, just got back from a graduate open house at the school I got my BFA with! I majored in Art Ed. Trying to get into 2D even tho they don't like taking back students from their BFA program.

Got a portfolio review and everything. Homie just said to try and let my materials do some of the work for me--let the watercolors bleed, the acrylics smush, etc. Try different textures of work, play with messy materials vs. structured stuff. It was really nice. He loved my stuff. I'm excited, had nothing bad to say about it, so I think I have a good shot at getting in!!! <3

18. Insane skills. It would be great if you could post some of your sketches? Would love to see how they develop into these masterpieces! :)