Kushqt's First Grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kushqt, May 6, 2011.

1. Best to use a normal digital camera anyways , safer.

It is work ! I know this first hand for sure ! :cool:

:D:wave:

2. Ya for sure def safer with all the geo tagging and shit.

:D Kush

3. Very nice set up Kush! For a first timer I would have never known. You have many good ideas and I am especially digging the watering set up. I did not read anywhere in your journal about where you are exhausting too. Maybe it is to early in the morning for me so if you did excuse me. Keep up the great work!

4. No I didn't say where I exhaust to. The exhaust from the flower room goes right out the roof after being filtered. The exhaust from the veg room goes up into the attic above the room though.

The only problem I am currently trying to solve is heat during these retarded heat waves in the mid west, the heat is coming from the attic back down into the room and warming the room up a few degrees+plus when it is hot the temps of the room outside raise since it's not an insulated/temp controlled building.

I have to keep turning down my flower room from 1k watts to 600 or even 400 (100 degree days). Is it okay to do this? Idk.

Time to go smoke a fat bowl

Kush :smoke:

5. About to go start operation O.G at first light so 5 a.m. (If you can't figure it out you don't need to know :D)

Clones are looking good, I'm misting everyday with plain R.O water with a tiny bit of super thrive in it.

Started to LST the 2 dame blanche plants I have and it is working very well.

I also topped one of the No Name plants again to even it out with the other No Name plant.

Kush

6. I sprayed for ants and other bugs today. Just around the edges of the room. I have a bunch of pictures to post, trying to figure camera out atm.

Hairs coming out of white berry plants after 4 days of 12/12.

White berry clones are doing well after being transplanted out of the humidity dome.

Dame Blanche is responding VERY WELL to LST and I'm also going to FIM one and top the other.

PICS SOON

Kush

7. Here are a bunch of new pics.

Let me know how they look.

Kush

Attached Files:

• 151.jpg
      151.jpg
      File size:
      601.4 KB
      Views:
    • 153.jpg
      153.jpg
      File size:
      510 KB
      Views:
    • 154.jpg
      154.jpg
      File size:
      314.9 KB
      Views:
    • 155.jpg
      155.jpg
      File size:
      222 KB
      Views:
    • 156.jpg
      156.jpg
      File size:
      550.9 KB
      Views:
    • 157.jpg
      157.jpg
      File size:
      588.4 KB
      Views:
    • 158.jpg
      158.jpg
      File size:
      261.5 KB
      Views:
    • 159.jpg
      159.jpg
      File size:
      464.2 KB
      Views:
    • 160.jpg
      160.jpg
      File size:
      529.2 KB
      Views:
    • 161.jpg
      161.jpg
      File size:
      476.9 KB
      Views:
  8. I'm looking for you guys to critique the plants that have buds on them. I know they look pretty bad.

What happened is they were like basically dead for a little more then a week and I was able to bring them back eventually.

Could this have stunted growth making it so they won't be done flowering for like an extra couple weeks?

Also I just fed one of the WW plants (ones with buds) since it looks like they need a little bit more P.

Any suggestions welcome

Kush

Attached Files:

• 162.jpg
      162.jpg
      File size:
      493.4 KB
      Views:
    • 163.jpg
      163.jpg
      File size:
      468.9 KB
      Views:
    • 164.jpg
      164.jpg
      File size:
      373.8 KB
      Views:
    • 165.jpg
      165.jpg
      File size:
      489.6 KB
      Views:
    • 166.jpg
      166.jpg
      File size:
      508.7 KB
      Views:
    • 167.jpg
      167.jpg
      File size:
      503.6 KB
      Views:
    • 168.jpg
      168.jpg
      File size:
      275.4 KB
      Views:
    • 169.jpg
      169.jpg
      File size:
      403 KB
      Views:
  9. Huge fiasco today!! Whew

At approx. 9 pm I got out to my room to realize that I had no power in the room.

I messed around with it for about an hour and then realized I needed light NOW so I ran an extension cord out there to work for only one light to keep the light schedule close to the same.

Made some calls and had an electrician(fellow grower) over within the next hour.

Got everything fixed and also got a few tips.

In the pictures above there is a plant that is doing pretty bad(No Name). I decided to flush it with about 2 gallons of R.O water and then I gave it full strength nutes (1/2 gallon).

Waiting to see how it's going to do.

Also nute+fed plants in flower room(White widow) since it showed some defciencies.

10. So what was the story with the electrical ? Did you have way to much draw on one circuit ?

11. Flushed the other No Name today and gave it 1.5x full strength nutes.

Going to watch the reaction and back off if it starts to burn.

While I was flushing it, I measured the ph and it read 5.8ish. How is that for soil?

Kush

12. The white hairs on the White Widow plants are starting to turn orange. Getting closer to harvest. 1-2 more weeks.

13. Still having troubles with the NN plants. Going to give it full strength nutes again. Looks like it still doesn't have enough CaMg.

Keeping it in veg until it's very healthy.

14. I'd say that they might be drying out too much for their size, causing the root system to go Alkaline and locking out Mag, Phosphorus and Potassium. You may have thrips, but the flaking could just be from a lack of potassium. What do you use when you use nutes?

15. I'm not letting them dry out too much. I water just when they get to a certain point on my moisture meter. I test all around the plant too and go from that.

I use General Organic nutes. I've been giving them like 50% strength and shit and I think that's what caused this nute deficiency.

Can I give them more nutes when they are still wet?

Kush

16. #78 Kushqt, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    UPDATE

Waiting on plants in veg to dry out so I can give more nutes to the NN plant.

All of the other plants are looking very good.

17. 5.8 isn't that bad, but you might want to try to get it up in the 6.5 region for soil. in hydro you would be perfect! being in that pH range will help the plant take up all the nutrients it needs a little bit more effectively.

18. @ OG : Thanks for the tip

Kush