Kushqt's First Grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kushqt, May 6, 2011.

1. Not that terrible... But you are missing the whole bottom of them plant.

But good news! when you switch to hydro, you wont have bug problems, and wont need to worry about the watering as much. "

The first grow is always more of an learning experience anyways

2. @Russy: I have found gnats in the soil a few times. You can see the damage in the bottom picture if you look at the leaf in the top right. It might not be gnat larvae but whatever it was is gone for now. I sprayed neem oil when lights were off.

I don't test my ppm do I need too? My watering schedule right now for the 2 white widows in flower is like once every week. They don't drink that much water right now since they lost like a third of the plant. The other plants get watered every 3 or 4 days. I'm feeding at 1/4 strength every other time. I use a measuring shot glass to measure my nutes.

@Evil Yeah I lost the bottom when I let them get so under watered :( I'm going to start building my bubble bucket this week. I'm going to use a big tupperware container with 2 pots in it.

3. When I water and give nutes I adjust the ph to between 6.1-6.3. When I give plain water I do not adjust the ph. It stays around 7.3 out of the r.o filter.

4. You may want to look into 2 separate 1 gallon buckets. you can find them with a lid at homedepot for like 3 buck. Thats what i like using. Plus i made and extra for a chair in my closet :)

5. I honestly never adjust my ph. so i wish i could help you better. but 7.3 isnt too off from 6.8 or 7.0 i think soils little perfect range is.

6. Are 1 gallon pots big enough? I want to grow a 2/3+ sativa or sativa hybrid. I have like 10 ft ceilings in the flowering room.

7. They are great till flowering, for the first few weeks the plants dont go through much water, so if you make a 5 gallon batch and they only drink a few oz then you waste nutes.

So i like to use one gallon bubble buckets until flowering so i can save nutes. then switch to a bigger bucket.

the roots will be compact so they dont make a huge difference.

8. Finally got some roots popping out of the White Berry clones I took 14 days ago.

Everything else is growing vigourously.

Harvest day is +/- 30 days for White Widow.

9. Good job so far! I'm subscribed

10. Thanks OG!! :smoke:

Kush

11. No updates yet?

12. I'll have some new pics coming up tonight.

I took one of the clones out of the humidity dome last night and potted it. It's looking good and hasn't wilted.

Waiting on the other clone to get more roots before I pot it.

The white widow plants are growing fantastic and are very healthy. All of the damage from the bugs is almost gone and the buds are growing at a great pace.

Kush

13. Awesome keeping upland thanks for the update! I'm living through you guys lol for the time being

14. Keep it up is what I meant lol

15. Gave a little less then a quarter gallon of r.o water to the newly potted clone.

Rest of plants are looking good.

Killed a huge brown recluse in my room at 6 am this morning. Couldn't fall asleep and was smoking a bowl in the room when that thing came out and scared the shit out of me.

Kush :smoke:

16. Good God ~ How does one GO BACK to sleep EVER with one of THOSE having shared the domicile ?!!!?

17. Nah the spider was in my growing room.

Not where I sleep even though there is probably one there since it is in the basement.

I was thinking about letting it live in there to kill some of the little ants or other bugs but after I smoked I realized it was just way to scary to have near me while smoking.

Kush :smoke:

18. #58 Kushqt, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
    Took a few more clones tonight hopefully ill get some of those to root.

Everything else is looking great.

Buds are about the size of a lighter. (Maybe they will be a bit bigger next time) About 23 more days before expected flowering. (How much bigger will they grow in that period of time?)

Switching White Berry to 12/12 tomorrow after turning lights off for 6 hours (trying to root some clones) and the No Name will be switched when it stops looking so sad! Hitting it with strong nutes next time it drys out.

Kush

19. more pics.... *yawn*

:p

20. Sooo much work! I'll work on it. I have to use a regular camera. (phone one doesn't work)

Nice reply time :smoke:

Kush