Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kush<>~'s Official Candy Recipes - 420th Post

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by kush<>~, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Well, for my 420th post I wanted to do something different. So I decided to post recipes that I have found online (a collaboration or recipes gathered over time that I converted to use mary jane and made a few 'tweaks' here and there) and cooked to make baked goods to enjoy anywhere. Hope you guys enjoy, I know I did!

The great thing about hard candy is that it is discrete. You can literally eat anywhere without the risk of getting caught.

To make hard candy it requires patience and a watchful eye, but at the end result, you will thank yourself. So toke a bowl or two and get ready for some cooking.

Tools required to make hard candy:

-Candy thermometer
    -Cooking Pot

Thing to know first:

Ganja butter/oil will be used to make all of the candies that are mentioned in this thread. So it would be a valuable thing to know. Also the recipes will call for different amounts of ganja butter. Just vary and fraction out the preferred dosage.

Ganja Butter/Oil

It is the same steps to make both of these, but the only thing that changes is the materials used i.e. butter or oil.

The procedure that I have always used is very similar to IndianToker's so for this matter I will use his, or what he posted. Thanks.

Be careful eating in public places, and do so at your own risk. Toke On!

Now on to the recipes!

2. Hard Candy Butterscotch

Ingredients:

1 c. sugar
    1 c. brown sugar
    1/2 c. light corn syrup
    1 c. water
    1/3 c. ganja butter
    1 tsp. vanilla

Cooking Recipe:

Combine sugar, syrup and water; stir until dissolved. Cook without stirring to a stiff ball stage. Add ganja butter and cook to hard cracker stage (300 degrees) for brittle candy. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir and pour on greased platter. Score or "mark" while warm and then cool. Break in pieces after it has cooled.

3. Russian Hard Candy

Ingredients:

3/4 c. sugar
    1/3 c. packed brown sugar
    3 tbsp. light corn syrup
    6 tbsp. sweet ganja butter
    1/4 c. water
    3 tbsp. evaporated milk
    1/4 tsp. vanilla

Cooking Recipe:

Place sugars, syrup, 2 tablespoons of ganja butter and water in pot. Heat until melted and smooth. Bring to a boil and boil until thermometer reaches 234 to 240 degrees. Stir in evaporated milk and rest of the butter, Boil until thermometer reaches hard crack stage, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and quickly stir in vanilla. Pour on to a greased cookie sheet. Let cool and then crack into pieces.

4. English Toffee

Ingredients:

1 lb. ganja butter (4 sticks)
    1 lb. sugar (2 c.)
    1 lb. chopped salted peanuts
    1 lb. melted chocolate

Cooking Recipe:

Cook ganja butter and sugar until hard crack stage. Add 1/2 of nuts and quickly pour into a greased cookie sheet. Allow to cool and become hard. Coat top of candy with chocolate melted in a double boiler. Sprinkle with 1/4 pound nuts and press down. Allow to become firm. Turn candy over and repeat chocolate and nuts on the other side. Allow to become firm. Break into bite-sized pieces.

5. Salt Water Taffy

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
    1/2 cup corn syrup
    3 tablespoons of ganja butter
    1/2 cup water
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1/2 tablespoon glycerine
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Cooking Recipe:

Put brown sugar, corn syrup, ganja butter, and water into a saucepan or iron kettle. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 256F, or until it forms a hard ball when tested in cold water. Add salt and glycerine. Pour onto a greased marble slab and when cool enough to handle (be careful - hot sugar burns!) pull until light in color. Add vanilla while pulling. Pull out in round sticks the size of kisses. Lightly oil a scissors with vegetable oil or spray. Cut pieces 3/4 inch in length. Roll up in waxed paper and twist ends.

6. Caramel Candy:

Ingredients:

1/2 stick (i think 4 cups, but check the side of stick) of ganja butter
    1 cup canned evaporated milk
    2 cups sugar
    16 large marshmallows
    1/4 cup sugar, caramelized
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 1/2 cups broken pecan pieces

Cooking Recipe:

Melt ganja butter around the sides and bottom of a heavy saucepan. Add milk and sugar. Stir with wooden spoon toward the center of the pan. Add marshmallows.

Place 1/4 cup sugar in small pan to caramelize (a cast iron pan works well but is not required). Turn pan frequently to prevent burning.

Transfer melted sugar into the larger pan, stirring constantly. Lower the heat, and cook until a candy thermometer reaches 238F, stirring often; set aside to cool to 110F.

Stir in vanilla and pecans, continuing to stir until the candy will hold its shape. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto buttered wax paper, parchment paper or silicone sheets.

Makes approximately 30 pieces.

7. Peanut Brittle

Ingredients:

1 cup water
    2 cups granulated sugar
    2 cups shelled and roasted peanuts
    1 cup light corn syrup
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/4 stick butter
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp baking soda

Cooking Recipe:

Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar is entirely moistened, then add the corn syrup and salt.

Cook the candy over medium-high heat until it reaches 225 degrees on a candy thermometer. At this point, add the peanuts and stir to combine. Continue to cook until the mixture reaches 290 degrees.

Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, baking soda, and peanut butter. Mix until well-combined, and then pour onto the prepared pan.

8. Vanilla Caramels

Ingredients:

2 cups granulated sugar
    2 cups half-and-half
    1.75 cups light corn syrup
    1/2 cup butter
    Pinch of salt
    2 tbsp vanilla paste

Cooking Recipe:

Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine the sugar, half and half, corn syrup, butter and salt in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts boiling.

Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 244 degrees on a candy thermometer.

Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Immediately pour into the prepared pan.

Allow to set at room temperature until completely firm. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, and then cut with an oiled chef’s knife into small squares.

9. Here, let me save you some time.

\t\t
    Messing with you of course. Cool idea, but you definitely should not make a new post for every recipe.

10. Yeah I though about that, but I think it looks better separated like this.

I also chose to quote the ganja butter recipe so that those that do not know it, can easily reference it this way. thanks though.

11. Whatever floats your boat man.

I'm just warning you, following this thread will become difficult when it starts to page off.

12. Ok, when I add more ill just continue on with the last recipe post so that its all together.

13. Okie dokie!

Have fun and happy recipes!

14. i wanna see this candy, send me some candy treats aswell!

15. ^^ haha i bet you do.

16. Molasses Candy

Ingredients:

Molasses Candy (Melcocha)

1 cup panocha
    2 cups molasses
    2 1/2 tablespoons ganja butter
    1 tablespoon vinegar
    1 teaspoon aniseed

Cooking Recipe:

Mix all ingredients except the aniseed; cook slowly until sugar is dissolved. Next, boil until it is brittle when dropped into cold water.

Pour onto a buttered platter, then sprinkle with aniseed. Cool and pull until stiff and light. Twist into sticks and flatten at each end.

17. #17 kush<>~, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    Chocolate & Peanut Butter Popcorn

Ingredients:

1 Bag of white and milk chocolate morsels
    1 Bag of popcorn (no salt or butter)
    Ganja butter (as much as you want to drizzle on the popcorn)
    Parchment paper

Cooking Recipe:

Pop the popcorn. Take the popcorn out of the bag and put on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Heat up the ganja butter and drizzle as much as you would like on all of the kernels without soaking them. Heat up the chocolate and with a spoon, dip it into the chocolate and drizzle it over the popcorn. Same with peanut butter. Place in the oven for 10 min at 350 degrees. Take out and enjoy.

18. yo this is fuckin cool this should be stickied!!!!! everybody LOVES candy especially if its ganja candy!!!!!!!!!!!! this is also really cool and origional

19. Soft Buttermint Candy

Ingredients:

1/3 cup ganja butter, softened
    1/3 cup light corn syrup
    1 pound powdered sugar
    1 teaspoon peppermint extract
    1 dash salt

Cooking Recipe:

Combine above ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until well blended. More sugar may be needed to make candy stiff enough to form balls depending on humidity. Roll into balls and then roll into granulated sugar. Flatten slightly with fork tines or bottom of glass dipped in sugar.

20. sooo... how many you need to eat to get high haha?