Kungfoofatboy's first grow- 2009

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Kungfoofatboy, Apr 27, 2009.

1. hey everyone. this year is my first grow. i already started about a month and a half ago with 9 plants, but some died and some flowered early, so now i am down to 4 bigger plants and 4 smaller plants that i planted 2 weeks ago. I started them off in scott's potting soil from home depot because the budget is tight this year. I have three skunk #1's from nirvana growing right now(animals ate the other one) and the rest are bagseeds. hopefully this year will be a successful season!

pics: the first picture is bagseed that has been growing since the 2nd week of march. the other three are my skunk#1 that are 1 week younger than the other one. i have 4 other small plants, but they are not picture worthy yet lol

Attached Files:

2. Really liken it. keep it up, watch out for those animals..lol

3. #3 Kungfoofatboy, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    i checked on them today and they are doing good still. the soil was really dry after only 2 days of no water, but then again this spot gets a lot of sunlight
    pics will be up tomorrow, but they look just like the ones from 2 days ago
    i was also thinking about getting a small fence for a different spot i was looking at. does anyone have suggestions of what kind of fence to get? metal chain link? plastic? tomato fence? thanks

4. #4 Kungfoofatboy, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    Hey everyone, my grow is going good so far. i went to my spot today to find that my biggest plant had been knocked over somehow. i think it also has some nute burn, but i a,m not sure. they are growing pretty good and i just fed them ferts on friday may 1st. my skunk #1's are doing great. they are all about a foot tall. i also have a few seedlings started at my house

pics: 1st pic: skunk #1. 2nd pic: my other skunk #1s. 3rd pic: one of the skunks. 4th pic: bagseed(biggest plant) that fell over. 5th pic: i think it is nute burn on the leaves but i am not 100% sure. can someone verify this?

Attached Files:

5. #5 Kungfoofatboy, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
    Here are some pics of my smaller plants. one is flowering and i have no idea why. it is only about 2 weeks old.
    the 3rd pic is the one that is flowering. its a male, but i will keep it a little longer for poops and giggles

Attached Files:

6. nice, good luck!

7. You should definatly try to get rid of the male plants as soon as possible. Don't wanna take any risks.

8. ^^ Yeah, no reason to even risk it.

-C

9. oh wow, i forgot about this thread.
    I currently have only 1 plant remaining, 1 of the skunk #1's. Everything else died, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it was all that nute burn from miracle grow and bad soil. The smaller plants that weren't in the woods yet were eaten by animals after i put them out.
    i should be going to my spot to check up on my plant today, so i'll post a picture

10. Another problem with the soil mix. Sorry to hear that man. Check out Dnkohzee's soil mix for seedlings in his signature or info on page 11 of the outdoor grow guide (sticky) for a good start. Basically 1/3 perlite or lava chips (air)/ 1/3 potting soil with no nutes (or regular dirt from outside lol) + 1/4 castings (food). Water with plain water in 1st month.