Kung-Fu Husstle

Discussion in 'General' started by sidious, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Anyone seen this film................fucking amazing, good fight scenes, and some good comedy too...........was so happy to see a good slapstick kung-fu movie, "THE BUDDISTS''S PALM".................lol....... :D ................Peace out................Sid

and the axe gang leaders little dance when he goes to kill the boss of the crocodile gang.........now that was funny! :smoke:

2. hahah lol that movie is fucking hilarious. lol. the part where they throw the knives and they all end up stabbing him lol

3. Eh, I don't know, I got high and saw it in theaters and thought it sucked ass. I fell asleep.

And I like foreign films, I just thought this one was dumb.

4. you probably took the movie too seriously, jlang. don't. i saw it and thought it was interesting. i don't watch foreign or kung fu movies either.

5. YES. kung-fu hustle. awesome movie. comes out on dvd this month i think. almost like real like cartoon.

6. saw it about a two weeks ago, it was fantastic, comes into my top 5 of films of 2005 !

highly recomended!

SJ

7. Still not seen it. I rarely go to the movies. I must admit I just saw Star Wars yesterday. :eek: And I gotta see Hitchhiker's Guide soon. It just arrived here last friday.

8. hmm, when it came out (in Canada at least) it followed Ong-Bak.. now after seeing Ong-Bak i just couldn't take any other kung-fu movie seriously cuz Ong-Bak is just so realistic (i value that in movies.. i hate it when someone messes up even continuity, not to mention explosions, physics, and all that jazz).. when i saw the TV spots for Kung Fu Hustle i thought it looked stupid.. like when this huge guy gets kicked in the head they use CG to make his head like ripple.. but Sid, coming from you, i might reconsider and give it a shot.. it probably comes out on DVD in September, right?

9. the funniest kung fu related film i have ever seen has to be Kung Pow.... short reply but... reply none the less.

10. Yeah, I was really tired already when I saw it. Add weed to the equation and I'm sleeping like a baby.

11. Sid, if you liked Kung Fu Hustle, check out Shaolin Soccer. It's also got Stephen Chow in it.

12. It's also directed by the same dude, no?

13. Yeah, Stephen Chow.

14. i just did a bit of research on this movie and found out that woo ping did the fight choreography.. eww.. i mean i like what he did in Drunken Master, but he really did a piss poor job in the Matrix, don't you think? he's so overrated.. now i'm back to the skepticalness i was in before.. i might give it a shot, who knows..

15. It was an excellent movie man. I rented it a couple nights ago and grabbed a glass of jack. I loved it. It was literally on the line between cartoons and reality. the choreography is great. The story is even better. It's just so funny man...