KrAzY ToKa's Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by kRaZy tOkA IVXX, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Ok so you are growing in a Gas heater, very stealthy. Good setup.
    What I think you need to do.
    1st. Get rid of that aluminum foil, its horrible stuff. Then after that paint the inside of that heater flat white, go get a few test pots of paint from the local paint shop these are usually very cheap or free.
    2nd. Can you rig up a way for those beautiful lights to move? You NEED to do this marijuana plants need the lights as close as possible to maximize efficiency. I thought of a way to do this for you. (just going into paint to draw you a picture)
    30mins later.........
    Growroom Heater.jpg :hello: click on me to make bigger.

Hope that helps my friend.
    :D
    Remember Marijuana is a weed. So just tend to its basic needs soil with nutrients and water when needed.

2. Im glad you said that. here i am going to take a few shots right now.....

Day 7

[​IMG]
    this is my really healthy plant.
    [​IMG]
    but #2 really is scaring me with the yellow second set of tiny leaves and its been like that for two days or so. I flushed the soil and remixed the mixture to about 80 potting soil 10 perilite 10 sand
    [​IMG]
    and hopefully this answers your question about if i raise the pots up and yes i sure do i want to keep them as tiny as they can be :) .

I also just got mylar and some cardboard boxes from work so I am going to be mounting it into the box tonight. I also put 3 more seeds into germination to try and get 2 more plants to fill the box for now.

3. thanks for the tips bud. my cab is actually a pc case. the lights are fine in one place because instead of moving lights you can move the plants its alot easier with pop cans or cd cases what ever you want to use..

About the tin foil i actually just got done tearing it off and placing down mylar.

4. He he! What a old ding dong I am:D!!
    Always trying to help.

5. Day 10

oki so throughout today i have been checking up on my plant every few hours because it seems that she is getting abused by some factor and i cant find out what it is, throughout the day i have moved the plant an extra inch away from the light and tried giving her a little less water then usual but it only seemed to get her even more yellow :confused::confused: if you have any idea on what the problem is with her it would help greatly if you could let me know.

[​IMG]

6. So today I visited 3 different Garden shops to obtain various items that I had on my shopping list for today. I have been planning to mix a soiless organic mix of the following components and amounts.
    -5 parts pete moss
    -3 parts perilite
    -2 parts mushroom compost.

I also noticed that as of the recent last few days I either have a Magnesium, Iron, or Nitrogen Def because of the following reasons.

Magnesium Def - The leafs are curling upwards which is a sign of a Magnesium deficiency caused by too low of a PH, So i headed over to my local store and picked up a package of Epsom Salt which contains Magnesium Sulfate. I am going to be putting 1/4 tbsp of Epsom Salt in each quart of water that I will spray on the plant and top layer of soil once a day.

Nitrogen / Iron Def - The Lower growth on my seedling is turning yellow which is usually a common sign for a Nitrogen def since the upper growth is not receiving enough nitrogen so it likes to steal the lower growths supply. The new soiless mix of medium has a good amount of nitrogen within the perilite and I will also mix a very small amount about 1/8 of a normal amount of 12-0-0 fert into the water solution.

Thank you for all your comments and advice everything is welcome.
    Im goin to blaze 1:smoke::smoke:

7. So here we go

Day 15

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Day 16

Today I transplanted the plant into a larger clay pot and moved it closer to the lights. I really need to determine what is the problem.

9. Waaahh!! looks pretty bad. i'd say transplant them into some organic soil, and make sure they are a good distance away from the lights, Not too close, not too far. take off taht Aluminum foil too.

what are the temps like inside??

Also you don't want to water them everyday. your suppose to stick ur finger in the soil (an inch or 2) from what i believe. And if it's dried up give it a little water. if not then you should be good for when ever it dries out.

maybe some of the Seniors on this site have a idea what it can be.

those are a couple of things that i would do.

10. if you read the thread you would have seen that they have been transplanted into a larger container and they have been in an organic mix for a while.

temps inside is 75 degrees 24 hours a day.

11. i did, i read it stoned, and now i'm replying stoned. damn. haha but yeah GL with it

12. its driving me crazy why it is still yellow!

13. Ok I'd like to reply before i get high. haha that ryhymed. But anyways. I'd say you might have transplant shock maybe? And because of taht it delays the grow process and makes the plant appear to do nothing. I'd say wait a couple of days to see what happens. Then if everything is ok, soil, nutes and such. everything should be ok and i assume that it should turn green.

Also do you know the temps in the Computer box?

To me it looks like that is from nutes or light/heat stress.

I still have some research to do though as i too am learning how to grow right now.

I'll check back.

so i'm in for the grow.

14. Can you post pictures of your homemade scrubber? I want to see how you made yours for this setup.

You've got a nice little grow going. Very stealth and clever.

-Danny

15. Day 19

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Temp - 75* F 24/7 and that is around the lights.
    Soil - Organic Mixture of
    - 5 parts pete moss
    - 3 parts perilite
    - 2 parts mushroom compost.
    Water - Tested to 6.5PH with strips and digi test. There are also no added ferts as of now put into the soil free mixture.

Observations: In the last Day or so I noticed that not only are the 2nd set of fan leaves have matured to a good size, but also the 2nd set of 4 leafs are also starting to say hello. The greeness on the new growth also looks pretty healthy.

My plans for the next few days is to go over to a hydroponic store buy some nutes. Go to the hardware store buy a few new lights not only for Flowering spectrum but also a few to help my lil girl along as of right now.

Thank you very much for your interests any advice or comments will be taken deeply into consideration since this is my first actual attempt after years of reading, and suggestions are always welcome!

Im off to work now so ill have an update some time later. :smoke:

16. Inspiration - and Im using Home Depot stuff too!

GL on all of it - I'll keep a watch, and I think when my young ones get to sprout and a little bigger, gonna xplant them into some soil free. Seems to do a bit better.

Unless I missed - what bulbs you using?

17. they are the 60w 14w cfl conversion. it still produces the same amount of lumens as a round fluro bulb would but only using 14w of power.

18. Day 24
    [​IMG]

So it looks a little droopy today due to over watering last night. Ive already dealt with the problem I am just waiting for it to show effects. Also the 3rd set of leafs have began to grow. :hello:

19. Have you added nutrients yet? You might want to flush out the soil nice and good with some fresh pH adjusted water. That will get just about all the bad shit thats in there, out. If you dont know how to flush, post it up and I or someone else on here can help you out. Once that is all said and done, keep a very close eye (probably what youre doing already) on your plants. Once the soil starts to dry out you should add a very mild solution of nutrients. There are tons of different kinds of nutes out there so pick what you think is best. 1/4 strength should be good. Your plants will show how they take to the nutes, if it gets better, stick with what youre doing for a little while. As time goes on you can add a bit more nutes. That should hopefully get you close to where you should be. After that you can watch for more signs not worrying about if you over nuted or anything else and you can get what you need to help it out. You can get a cheap pH drop test kit from the hydro shop that can save your plants life. Also pick up some superthrive. Add 1 drop to your gallon of water. Only give nutes ever 3-5 waterings unless plant shows signs of need.

20. dont worry bud thanks for the consideration. that was 2 days after i added the first dose of first i believe and i over watered to flush it just alittle bit. I will take pics tonight of how beautiful it looks now after i fixed a few things :) almost day 35