Knowledge

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by daletotman, Jan 24, 2012.

1. - In reality nothing exists except you- all that you know and experience is due to your perceptions coming through your 5 senses. Whatever you may see, touch, hear, etc. is processed through your brain. Everything you experience actually comes from within

- there is no "devil" as in a person/place/thing...the "devil" is illusion within our own minds that keep us from the truth

- All sin comes from fear

-When you know that you know nothing you will know everything there is to know

- People will keep dying until everyone realizes we are all one

- time is man-made

- Everything is "God"

2. unfortunately people don't like the idea of this.. as it creates an introspection that can lead to ego death/derealization so people tend to stay away from it OR what i've kind of been thinking lately is these people just aren't wired correctly to even see it this way.. which i'm kind of envious of but at the same time not really

i went through some dark times because of my open, un-opinionated view of this world and my personal existence.. but i've made it out and enjoy being like this

3. the people that wouldn't like it would probly be people scared of the truth..as far as i see it true ego-death is actually god-realization and the greatest gift one can receive

4. I agree with your idea of God. Every other point seems a little obvious and/or cliche.

5. Everyone creates their own reality

6. unfortunately those ideas arent obvious to the majority of humanity

7. #7 lazytoker, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
    Your point is????????????

If everyone knows we are one, then we stop dying? What do you mean by that?

Maybe that we won't realize that we are all one until life ceases to exist? Is that it?

Wrong place for philosophy...... but I always come back.

8. its a little metaphoric because when you come to the true realization that we are one...you also come to the realization that death of the physcial body isnt true death...but physical death is still possible...however..its very interesting to think if everyone in humanity was "God-realized" if physical death would be no more

9. [quote name='"lazytoker"']
    Wrong place for philosophy...... but I always come back.[/quote]

lmao. stfu.

only our physical body percieves the five senses, in which we are the accumilation of the memories that we've heard, tasted, felt, smelled, seen.

i'm sure i said something that relates to someone else.

10. What do you mean by "nothing exists"? What are we perceiving if there is nothing to perceive?

What do you mean I "know nothing"? I know mathematics for one thing.
    And how can you know that you know nothing? That's contradictory.
    And how can you "know nothing" while "knowing everything there is to know?" Contradictory.

How can people keep dying if there is no one to die? [nothing exists but you]
    What do you mean by "we're all one"?

11. .....I didnt say there was nothing to perceive just that everything that you perceive is connected to you...therefore in a way nothing exists outside of you

.....just that you don't know anything outside of ur own perceptions...and when you come to know this..you know the most important thing

.....and thats the point...when you realize you are connected to everyone/everthing..and that deep down everyones the same..when you realize everything is "God" you also realize that physical death of the body is not real death and nothing to fear

12. Duh. Schrodinger's cat.

This thread is cliche :smoking:

13. "as you think, so you become" .....best quote

14. So this body [me] percieves the Unvierse with the 5 senses. Okay.

Meaning...I only know about my perceptions of reality? Okay.

I don't necessarily fear death...but I'm not exactly fond of losing my awareness either.

15. #15 m00zix, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
    All about dat selfawareness.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis? There are plenty of people that can and do die.

And OP, you've failed to expand on how everything is "God." "We're all one" is hardly expanding on the concept- you've yet to even explain how we're "all one." Because we're all star dust?

16. everything is "God" in the aspect that the entire universe is like the womb of God...its like if your arm realized that it wasnt a seperate entity and that it was connected to ur body

...i think that covers the "we're all one" confusion too

17. Do you acknowledge you have no evidence to support this claim :confused:

18. i have experience

19. Those looking for evidence of something they don't experience, won't accept your experience as being evidence.

20. You're submitting subjective experiences as evidence? What distinguishes your subjective "evidence" from delusions?